A cure of sorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cure of sorts

I think, technically, I can credit Lemtrada for being in remission from MS for the foreseeable future.

I just had my latest consult with my neuro, and he told me that at this point in my treatment, they do not envision administering any drugs, old or new, to me, as I appear to be stable and my MS appears to be inactive. He basically said, "Just call us if anything pops up, and in December at your next check up we'll re-evaluate the need for you to be on an anti-viral; if your lab works keeps looking good." In other words, "Go forth and prosper."

This after diagnosis in 2000, years of treatment at different times with Avonex, Tysabri, and Gilenya, and two vicious relapses with heartbreaking symptoms. Since my last relapse involving wall surfing, speech disturbances, loss of employment from two career-level jobs, I have rebounded to a somewhat lower level of pre-Dx mental acuity and physical ability. You still would never know I have MS from looking at me, although if you had seen me during my 2015 relapse, you would have sworn I was a drunk.

I got MS and all I have to show for it are these lousy Swiss-cheese-brain MRIs! (T-shirt humor there, in case you didn't get it.) So what is the point of this post? I don't know.... I'm not gloating, I assure you. I am just grateful to still be standing, and I wanted to let everyone know that Lemtrada helped me tremendously. I hope it helps you too. I know there is no one drug for all the various MS manifestations out there, but I'm sure thankful I received treatment with this one. May God bless you all.

good news is always welcome here! good for you!!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I'm glad you're doing so well! I had my first year of Lemtrada almost a year ago and am a month away from my second. I've also had similar results.

Comment

Thanks for the "Input" Number Five.

Comment

Happy for you
          Linda

Comment

So great to hear - Chris will start his infusions on 9/17 and I have been scared to death so always great to hear of good results!!
            Dedra
            Son with MS

Comment

Great news to read your post, Goldfinch. Just curious . There must be others that have experienced this 'remission'! It would surely be good to hear of other Lemtrada users that have experienced this halting of the disease ! Good luck!

Comment

Hi guys it sure is good to hear news that is positive for a change its great that lemtrada is working, Im in the process of having the blood tests and X-ray been off tysabri for 1 month and Im very nervous about starting the new treatment Craig

Comment

Working...
                X