Lemtrada - a 'hypochondriac's' dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemtrada - a 'hypochondriac's' dream

Sorry if you're a true hypochondriac. This would not be the drug for anyone like that. I'm only making fun of myself, my neuroticism and the somewhat of a relief that I'll be getting monthly 'checkups' - snapshots of my health you could say. It sure beats being in the dark all the time. That's what MS feels like. It already feels better and I haven't even seen my new doc, although I'll miss Dr. P!

So seven new lesions on copaxone brings me here. One of them instrinsically hypotensive? Could be a typo I'll find out tomorrow. And six of them appear symmetrically if I understood the report. Big IF!

BTW please check out "Brain Age", its a game you play on nintendo and has shown to improve cognitive whatever if you're into that kind of thing. It's more challenging than lumosity and more fun. And much more fun than sudoku I am sooo over those. Can't even look at them. If you've ever taken a neuropsych test you'll recognize devilish calculations - which I failed on the real exam but am working on it daily now to open up more games. Check it out!

Haha, Yes, it is nice that labs are done every month. I tend to worry about my health and at least I can track my blood and urine tests to help me stay calm.

Comment

I'm afraid for me this is not true, these labs have only given me a false sense of security.

Also the other thing that I should report to my fellow MSers is that as sick as I have been with the fungal infection, the pulmonary effusion, and the enlarged thyroid is that none of these things were detected by the blood and urine test that we have to have done monthly. None of them.

The urine test once prompted me that I had a UTI, but that is it. I think these test are only providing us with a false sense of security as these test were one of the deciding factors why I took Lemtrada. I was told that any of these side effects would be caught and nipped in the bud before they became and issue, this is so wrong.

Even after 7 months of battling all these horrible things I still do my monthly labs with Lemtrada and not once have I been notified by them or my Doctor that anything is wrong. Except one time a nurse from my doctors office called and said that my inflammation markers were a little high. I asked her what did that mean and what am I suppose to do and she said she wasn't sure, she would call me back if I needed to do anything, I never heard back from her or anyone from my Doctor's office.

I can't find anything but good and marvelous reviews about lemtrada on line, I know I am not the only one who is going through these horrible side effects because every doctor I have been to so far has had at least one patient experiencing one of these symptoms. I just happen to be lucky enough to all of them.

Just another thing to think about before you make a decision. And again, all I read is how wonderful this drug is and how it has changed peoples lives for the better. I wish I could report that but unfortunately I can't.

Comment

Working...
      X