tips for the week of infusion and after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips for the week of infusion and after

Hey everyone, I'm two months out from my first infusion week. That week and the week after are pretty rough. I thought it would be good if we have a place to share our tips. So here's my list of random tips in no particular order

1. You'll probably hear it a lot, but it is worth repeating: DRINK WATER.

2. Use a probiotic. I had lot's of issues with bloating and gastro issues. My nurse recommended the probiotic and it really helped me.

3. Don't be afraid to use pain killers. I found that I could keep headaches at bay if I was proactive at getting rid of them. The week of infusions the nurses gave us all Tylenol at the beginning of the day. I usually took some Advil with a Coke sometime during the infusion also.

4. I used Pepcid AC and GasX for the first month on most days.

5. Don't be afraid to tell the infusion nurse if you're having problems or are concerned about something. They care about you and most have infused other patients and have picked up tricks along the way.

6. Have someone drive you to the infusion center and back. It's a long week and you're going to be really tired by the end of it. I chose a different friend every day so I had the hour long girl time in the car to look forward to.

7. If someone offers to help you out in any way you should take them up on it. Let some one else worry about laundry and meals.

Thanks for the tips. I am starting Lemtrada in January.

Comment

My Tips!

I have a three-ring binder I carry with me that lists my upcoming appointments, lists all my doctors with their contact info especially fax numbers, updated list of medications & pharmacies, recent MRI results, Home Health Agency contact information, family emergency contact information, etc. ----Any time the nurse asks me for information that I don't have, I make sure I have it next time. I found this notebook to be a life savor not only for me but for my caretaker & nurse as well.

I am a hard IV stick. I take pictures of my last successful IV stick, so the nurse and I can remember where to start next time.

Those are a few of my thoughts!
      Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

Originally posted by Dayanara View Post
        Thanks for the tips. I am starting Lemtrada in January.
        FYI - A bunch of us have created threads about our infusion week experiences that you might have already read.

Hope your treatment week goes well !!

Comment

Working...
        X