Week 3 Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 3 Posted

I have been home 2 weeks now (week 1 being the Lemtrada week) and am starting to see some amazing things.

I posted that update to the blog (click on 69mustang, the blog is **URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

the address.

I have added a page on the right about Melatonin. If you are not taking this you really should consider it. I take 30mg at bedtime.

More research internationally is coming out about using Lemtrada first line because it essentially halts the disease where you are (if not improving some things). It is only agent we have now known to halt the disease in some patients. I am sure it will not be the last.

So to answer the question about SPMS and PPMS- Lemtrada might not be as effective. Certainly I would recommend Melatonin, Tavist (Clemastine) and an SSRI (specifically Prozac and Lexapro have been studied). These 3 are well known to induce oligodendrocytes to produce Mylein. I need to get this research up and posted to the blog.

Here are the doses I take:
    Melatonin 30mg at bedtime
    Tavist (Clemastine) 1.34mg 3 in AM and 3 at bedtime
    Prozac 40mg- just started this

I also take a slew of anti-oxidative stress (free radicals)/anti inflammatory vitamins. This may be too much for most people but I can post what I take if you are interested.

I also need to post the journal articles about oxidative stress to the blog. Pub Med andare great resources for researching this- it just takes a lot of time.

Have a Great Week!

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**
Working...
X