Switching to Kesimpta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching to Kesimpta

I have been on Ocrevus since it was approved. After 5 months it seems like the inflammation and fatigue is back.
    I have refused to switch but I finally changed my mind. Looking forward to dosing at home and staying out of the infusion center.

I will be infused with Ocrevus one last time in August, then in 6 months it will Kesimpta.
    I waited too long to start switch to Kesimpta.

Hopefully the change to Kesimpta will prevent the inflammation and fatigue from returning after the monthly shot.

Pballer76,

Keep us up to date. I, too, waited to long, but, coming from Vumerity.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Hi Pballer, How did you do with change to Kesimpta? I have been on Ocrevus since January 2019. I have had so many infections and issues, just spoke to neurologist about switching to Kesimpta.

Comment

I also switched to Kesimpta and feel much better. I've read a lot about its advantages and side effects and found the perfect medication for me.
        Last edited by KoKo; 01-28-2023, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I finished the initial 3 shots in 3 weeks, 1 shot per week. Next week is 1st monthly shot. All shots are the same dose. So far I feel better but it hasn’t been long enough judge.

Comment

Kesimpta is the easiest shot I’ve taken. Been on copaxone, avonex and rebif. This shot is a non event, no side effects for me. Comes in an easy to use Injector pen. Just a little pinch, no big deal.

Comment

Kesempta injection monthly seems my best option, when I started it I with the three weekly doses I was amazed at the results each week. Now that I’m taking them monthly I do not get near the same improvements, but seems to be scaled back quite a bit. I hate delaying til my monthly day and it’s weird to me that I get sooo excited to inject the Kesempta pen in my thigh each 19th of the month. If it wasn’t so dang expensive I could look at options lol. Stupid MS has changed my life SO much

Comment

Originally posted by pballer76 View Post
                I finished the initial 3 shots in 3 weeks, 1 shot per week. Next week is 1st monthly shot. All shots are the same dose. So far I feel better but it hasn’t been long enough judge.
                Fingers crossed for you!

Comment

It has been around 8 months on Kesimpta. My CBC labs were perfect. No low absolute lymphocytes counts.
                  However I have noticed an increase in rosacea flares since starting Kesimpta. It is almost like I’m a teenager.
                  Hopefully this is something that will pass or my dermatologist can figure something out.
                  The Kesimpta shot is so easy with no side effects I don’t want to stop until the BTK drugs are approved.

Comment

Hey pballer!

Originally posted by pballer76 View Post
                    It has been around 8 months on Kesimpta. My CBC labs were perfect. No low absolute lymphocytes counts.
                    However I have noticed an increase in rosacea flares since starting Kesimpta. It is almost like I’m a teenager.
                    Hopefully this is something that will pass or my dermatologist can figure something out.
                    The Kesimpta shot is so easy with no side effects I don’t want to stop until the BTK drugs are approved.
                    Thank you for stopping by to update us on your experience with Kesimpta.

Except for your rosacea issue, it looks like a very good report!

Hopefully the skin issue resolves, or the dermatologist can help.

Wishing you continued success with Kesiimpta.

Keep in touch pballer!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                    X