Is anyone considering this drug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone considering this drug?

I'm very interested in this drug, my Neuro hasn't even heard of it yet. Price tag is $83,000 per year so Pharma assistance would be required. Has anyone started the journey on this drug?

I am interested in the medication. I
    ​​​​​ have asked my neurologist if the Veterans Administration would be approving the medication. Unfortunately, he too had never even heard of it.

Hopefully by my next appointment in March he'll know more about it.

Like all of our medications, there is a patient assistance program: http://www.kesimpta.com/patient-supp...cial-resources

Comment

Thank you, Marco. I think everyone who has ever taken a DMT has done so under the auspices of a patient assistance program. My last treatment was Tysabri 5 yrs ago, which I had to discontinue when I became JCV+. Due to gastroparesis and having too juggle medications so I don't accidentally overdose myself, I cannot take any pill form treatments. This new med seems ideal for my situation.

My Neuro, seemed to be suggesting that I'm too old for treatment (I'm going on 57, ouch), that the disease seems to slow after 60? I beg to differ, it certainly doesn't feel that way in my KAFO supported shoes. I also could not find any data to support this theory. My Doctor is very old School and planning on retiring soon.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbit View Post
        My Neuro, seemed to be suggesting that I'm too old for treatment (I'm going on 57, ouch), that the disease seems to slow after 60? I beg to differ, it certainly doesn't feel that way in my KAFO supported shoes. I also could not find any data to support this theory. My Doctor is very old School and planning on retiring soon.
        I would encourage you to seek a second opinion even prior to your doctor's retirement. It's disappointing when doctors don't want to help patients protect themselves.

Even if 60 is the cutoff why not administer the medication for 3 years? I know patients that have quit medication due to age and have done well, others regretted their decision.

There's no crystal ball, but by definition MS is a chronic, progressive disease so attempting to stop it at any age seems worthwhile.

I wish you well...

Comment

Thank you, Marco, for the excellent advice. I have been with this Doctor for 17 yrs., he has served me well but I do think he has given up the game, which for me is not an option.

Peace,
          Anna

Comment

My motto is STOP MS, not DMTS.

Comment

Working...
            X