X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilac
    replied
    What I do...

I meditate, pray, yoga, zumba, supplements & Vitamins, gluten-free, and now dairy-free.

I look at my life in a wholistic way it is not just my body, but also my mind and soul that need attention. I try and keep a positive outlook, and throughout the day pray. I also try and keep learning new things.

As for what I eat I try to not eat processed food and eat as much organic as I can. What really keeps me going is thinking of my kids and being there to take care of them.

Leave a comment:

• kelm10
    replied
    ru4cats

Me, too, on the water. The bliss that I feel from the water is just so tremendous.

I have just thought about getting a t-shirt that says "I do it better in the water." There is so many more exercises I can do in the water. And, the pain and aches are basically gone for that time.

Now, if I could only live in the water.

Leave a comment:

• ru4cats
    replied
    When I was first diagnosed, I tried everything to see what works: gluten free, dairy free, supplements (too many to name), paleo diet, chiropractic to maintain a straight spine, massage, reflexology, acupuncture, swimming, pilates, recumbent bike....you name it, I tried it! Three years later with no halt to progression, I decided to eliminate what I felt wasn't working. I soon found MS consumed my life, and life wasn't enjoyable anymore.

I've moved on and only continue those items I've found doable. Gluten free breakfast with chopped almonds, blueberries, and bananas, a healthy salad and fruit for dinner, a massage every once in a while, Tysabri, and Ampyra. Fish oil, magnesium, and Vit. D are my only supplements. Exercise is now a WaterWell therapy pool since swimming is the only activity where I can feel "normal." It was ridiculously expensive, but it is truly awesome to enter the pool and leave MS and gravity behind for an hour. I still have my Pilates reformer and recumbent bike that I use every so often.

I have MS, but now MS doesn't have me!

Leave a comment:

• kelm10
    replied
    what I have tried

suppliments: from the beginning multivitamin, folic acid, and b12. I have since added alpha lipoic acid and acety-l-carnitine to help with over all body fatigue and mental fatigue. I do not notice a big difference in my fatigue, but, if I stop taking it I notice a difference.

exercise: from water aerobics, water yoga, regular yoga, yoga ball, over all stretching, strength training, tai chi, ai chi, and walking. I like variety.

aroma therapy: to just plain using candles, essential oils in all my cleaning solutions and fabric softener, and rubbing peppermint into nerve pain oil with a lotion. I have had essential oils used on me during massages.

other: massage therapy (both medical massage, but, love the cheap massage, too, from massage therapy students, reiki (a form of therapeutic touch), accupuncture. All these have been used for the relief of pain.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    I have some supplements that I use. I'm also beginning to try some aroma therapy (ie: using essential oils).

I exercise at Curves, but often only 1 or two times per week.

Leave a comment:

• DPL2014
    replied
    I usually wake up with the tightest muscles after Rebif. My husband and I have started doing yoga together and that has helped immensely.

Also, now that the weather is warmer I've started gardening again. Rather than just bending my knees to pull out weeds or plant veggies/flowers I keep my legs straight and get a good stretch. Basically, any kind of stretching helps a ton.

I no longer wake up with stiff legs the morning after a shot and am getting that vitamin D so many of us lack. :-)

Leave a comment:

• lindaincolorado
    replied
    I'm pretty simple
    I exercise 5-7 times a week... water aerobics 3, indoor bike and a chi machine including a few floor exercises.
    I eat fairly healthy. Read labels, so I don't put junk in my body.
    I take vitamins and a couple supplements-magnesium and lecithin.

I am 66 years, dx 1988. My R leg drags, so I use Bioness L300 when out if my outing isn't enough for my scooter.

I used to get massages and tried acupuncture. I've tried go-go juice and maybe others

Tysabri and my lifestyle are what has given me my Great QOL! A positive attitude, TOO

**Edited by moderator in compliance with MSWorld guideline #4**

Leave a comment:

• JerryD
    replied
    Hi hunterd, i'm happy to see this new thread . I always watch the boards for new ideas that may possibly offer anything helpful. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• hunterd
    started a topic What to do

What to do

What does everyone do that improves your health overall (Especially the MS aspect)? I would like to try some things but I wanted to see what anyone else suggested.
Working...
X