No announcement yet.

Cannabis Education: 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for all your insight! I'll ask the grower if he can grow me some Pot o Gold to try out.

The Blue Dream I had was from an experienced personal grower who only does organic (the club growers don't have it). It's possble that I just had too much! I tend to be really sensitive to everything! But i will definitely mention your points to him.

Comment

Oh Fed, thank you again!!!
      Such a science this all is! I'm so afraid to try it during the day because I don't like to get high, but this coffee recipe sounds so good. I'll let you know how I do, it may take a while so be patient again

Comment

Originally posted by misslux View Post
        Thanks again for all your insight! I'll ask the grower if he can grow me some Pot o Gold to try out.

The Blue Dream I had was from an experienced personal grower who only does organic (the club growers don't have it). It's possble that I just had too much! I tend to be really sensitive to everything! But i will definitely mention your points to him.
        You might be better off asking them to grow some High CBD strains from CBD crew or others. Harlequinn, Charlotte's Web, Cannatonic and many others. Google CBD crew; and then google high CBD cannabis strains.

The patient I ran into using Blue Dream, just decreased the dose and does well with it.

It has been reported that the high is absent in the High CBD strains and the 'control' of symptoms are the major side-effect.

SW8689: Today I am using it with de-caf expresso and OG; I don't feel any different, just relief.

Go figure, Sunny in Los Angeles for the Oscars and it is pouring like heck 70 miles SouthEast of Los Angeles, no sun here. fed

Comment

Always a pleasure to share what is working for me. And hoping it works for others to have a more productive life. And at the least, enjoyable medication or medication that can be enjoyable.

If you are going to request a strain to be grown, I'd like to suggest a High CBD strain. Google Cannabis strains with High CBD and that should give you plenty of info.

And google CBD crew, for more information.

Over decades the rush was for high thc strains. Now, with medical use--the race is on for High CBD strains for us patients. fed

Comment

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
            You might be better off asking them to grow some High CBD strains from CBD crew or others. Harlequinn, Charlotte's Web, Cannatonic and many others. Google CBD crew; and then google high CBD cannabis strains.
            Thank you! Last time I talked to him I do remember him mentioning CBD crew but not the details. Seeing him in a couple weeks so I will definitely take your comments with me!

Comment

U.S. Gov't Patent on Cannabis/Medical Marijuana

The Federal Gov't of the U.S. does not want us to use medical marijuana however, Our Gov't has the patent on its' healing and curing abilities. Here is the patent, as promised.

I find this patent to be the most persuasive FOR using mmj. US Patent: 6630507

Moderators Note: Fed - Appreciate the time you took for finding this information, but it's way too long. Would you mind just providing the URL of this patent so those who want to read it, can. Thanks much!

Comment

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...PN/20100204312

Took me awhile to find it on an acceptible site to post. Bookmarked, now. fed

Comment

This is a science. . .

Hi everyone. . .

This is the MS place for cannabis for me. It is such a long learning process. So. . .I cobbled together the money for the state fee (Oregon). Then my pcp wouldn't sign the md form, so it was another $120 for her. Now, I have a grower. I don't believe in coincidences. Turns out he was a student of my daughter's (high school). And, more importantly, I get an ounce a month from him because he is observing the spirit of the law. Then I found a couple of her friends who are interested in learning about strains and growing them. So nice. All organic.

So here is my regimen: I do an alcohol tincture first (8-10 hours they tell me). About an hour later, I do a glycerin tincture. I take some late night supps--gabapentin, lamectil, melatonin. Then just before I go to bed, I vape. I have a little pen-type vaporizer on my bed table. If I am really single-minded (MS-iniduced dementia coming on fast), this gets me into a deep sleep, and I sleep until my body says it is okay to wake up.

It has been a slog thus far. I am not even at the point where I begin to address daytime pain issues. If I get good sleep, I can tolerate it. If I don't--the day is shot anyway.

Thank you for reading--but, mostly for writing all you do. It's how I learn.

Pat

Comment

Efficiency of Eatable form vs . smoking

live in California.
                    I'm considering eatable form of MMJ and seeking input if efficiency of eatable form is less than other forms

Thanks

Comment

??

My mom says I should look into this so here I am. But I read and it says muscle stiffness and I have a lot of nerve pain. Some days I am fine but others I can't even bare for clothes to touch my skin. Is there relief with that type of nerve pain with the oral form?? Thanks for any information you might have.
                      WE LIVE WE LEARN LIFE GOES ON

Comment

Originally posted by Motherof5 View Post
                        ...I have a lot of nerve pain. Some days I am fine but others I can't even bare for clothes to touch my skin. Is there relief with that type of nerve pain with the oral form?? ...
                        I have the same type of pain. On a trip to visit my son in Colorado, I had some medical grade mj. It didn't remove my pain but it was like someone had laid a warm blanket over it. It was still there, but it wasn't forefront in my mind all the time. I could BREATH easier for the first time in years.

BTW, I tried Marinol (legally prescribed THC) and it did nothing.

Unfortunately, I live in Idaho.

Comment

My doctors have all told me that Marinol and Sativex are both useless (and expensive).

Comment

Gel caps work great for rls late at nite!!

FYI - I just started taking gel caps that I got from a friend in Washington state. Requip, clonazapan, baclofen and tizanadine could not do what 1 gelcap did! I'll be getting more for sure! Thank goodness I live in Washington state!!

Comment

I do know people that benefit from long term use of tinctures, it just takes longer to build up to a beneficial dose.

This is not exactly a good place to suggest Rick Simpson Oil and it is very strong and takes time to build up to a beneficial dose; however, for serious nerve pain..the RSO has worked for me.

Even this past October, I was having issues with serious pain, I took a single large dose of RSO, every other night, when it was hurting...Lucky for me it went away and hasn't returned.

Edibles tend and ingested oils, tend to be more beneficial for pain and last much longer than smoking the herb.

If you google around, look for Stone Ranger's No-Nonsense Oil or Uncle Bill's No-Nonsense oil; I believe you'll find that is a safe capsule to make and take. Being new to MMJ, that is where I'd start..for a more organic and beneficial medication.

As of now, I continue to use a quarter of tsp in with my Expresso/Latte maker for approx 4 shots of Latte, often with de-caf and find it helps me with mobility, stiffness and pain.

The coffee maker doesn't heat high enough to emit the thc from the flower...in fact, just thinking that over a bit; It was about the time I started 'brewing'' my medication that my balance returned..in time; plus, with the caffeine..my cog fog isn't as bad, either.

Just do your homework and google around: I am so pleased to read of those of you that are taking control and being a keene advocate of your own health.

The benefits are enormous and the negatives aren't there..except, for few..allergy or some fluke of nature. Side-effects of being a bit happier..I'll subscribe to that one, daily!

The latte trick with caffeine works on my fatigue, as well. I just need to plan it, earlier in the day; due to my issues with sleeplessness. Well, I can smoke or vape for sleep..lately, I do neither.

Personally, I like to take a 'holiday' from the herb, to keep my dose low; it can get expensive. I wish I could garden..I'd grow my own!

Thanks Dixonburns62
                              misslux
                              bikerider
                              AnnieMoore..nice routine and thanks for sharing your formula for use'
                              Mother of 5 and brave; If your answer isn't here, ask and I'll try to submit as much information as possible..

Sorry, I've been too busy the past few months with an ailing neighbor and my own life issues.
                              Again, thanks to everyone here, for your contributions...sharing sure helps, all of us. fed

Comment

State Laws

Hi all,

I would really like to try MMJ for relief from neuoropathic pain, but I live in a state where it's not legal. Can anyone tell me if it would be legal for me to go to a doctor in a state where it is legal, have him/her prescribe it to me, and have it filled in that state? I know it would not be legal to use it in my stupid home state, but would getting the prescription and buying it in another state be a problem? Would doctors in the legal state be willing to prescribe it to me knowing I'm not a resident?
                                PPMS
                                Dx 07/13

Comment

Working...
                                X