Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia

I am a long-time insomniac (since I was 12). I do take trazadone at bedtime to help me with that problem, and I am fortunate that it actually works for me.

Well that is until I started Betaseron in June. Now the day of my shots - I hardly sleep, and no longer stay asleep. Ugh... I work full-time - so this can't continue.

Has anyone who has taken Betaseon experienced this? Did it resolve itself eventually? I don't want to have to increase the Trazadone just to sleep normally again - it makes me really groggy in the morning and takes me quite some time to get feeling somewhat alert.

However not sleeping is also making me unable to think, and my job is primarily being paid the think and problem solve all day.

This would be a deal breaker with Betaseron - if I can't find a way to resolve this.

Do you take a pain reliever prior to the injection? I have to take Ambien to sleep but I don't recall Beta impacting my sleep all that much, other than due to the discomfort when I failed to take Tylenol/Advil. There was certainly anxiety with the MS dx that I had just received that didn't help me sleep, but I can't blame that on the Beta.

Comment

There could be many reasons for the insomnia, but Beta shouldn't be one of them. It just doesn't seem to work that way, it just targets certain receptors in your white blood cells.
      If you've just started Beta, its very possible you're feeling something else while you build up your tolerance, usually the flu-like symtoms.

Anyway, what are you feeling when you're trying to fall asleep? Is it pain? Fever? "Blahs"?

Comment

Tylenol PM

I have experienced this with Betaseron. I have been on the medication for 3 years now, and I take 2 tylenol PM before bed. I find that this keeps helps me sleep through the symptoms.

Comment

Working...
        X