a1c and aubagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a1c and aubagio

Since starting aubagio 4 months ago, my a1c has gone up to the point where my dr has increased my medication dosage along with adding a second one to lower it back down hopefully. I was told this is not a side effect. Does anyone else have this issue?

I have not heard elevated A1C has an Aubagio side effect, but wish your doctor wasn't so dismissive. There is a root cause of the change and it should warrant more investigation than just putting more chemicals into your body.

Your doctor could have called the drug manufacturer or the FDA to inquire about A1C and Aubagio.

When I was on Tecfidera the prescribing information did not have shingles listed when I caught them. My doctor reported the problem to the FDA and after several other patients caught shingles they updated the prescribing information.

Push for what you believe. You know your body best. I guarantee you that Aubagio isn't worth taking if it pushes you into the pre-diabetic range. There are so many other, and arguably better, treatments.

I'm sorry you are in the position and hope you get a proper resolution.

I wish you well ...

Comment

I know it’s been awhile but i wanted to say thanks. I stopped aubagio and my a1c dropped to what it was before. Sometimes I guess we all need a reminder that we can say no to treatments when they are making things worse. I worked in medical care. You think I’d remember that for myself. lol. thanks and I wish you well.

Comment

So glad you were able to get your A1HC back to normal. It is a good reminder that not everyone responds to treatments the same may. Hope your MS has remained stable too.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X