Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Aubagio Soon

Hi All,

I will be starting Aubagio as soon as my new rx arrives. FWIW, I've been self-injecting Avonex since September 1997. Yes; twenty five years. I was dx in 1994, at the age of 25, and started Avonex at the age of 28. I have a lot of black holes and lesions on my MRIs, but they've been stable, and I've only had a few relapses (ON in left eye 2003 and right-side numbness 2007, but both times I was under huge stressors, too so. . .?).

Overall, Avonex has been my long-time companion, but I can't do it anymore (shots, depression, etc.) At the age of 45, I applied and got SSDI rather quickly (a blessing). I've been living comfortably in my family home as both of my parents have passed (2006 & 2008). Although I don't do well with "change," as I'm entering my newest phase (menopause), Avonex and my depression and Covid had me wanting to change meds.

Finally, my neuro and I have decided on Aubagio. I'm reaching out here to my fellow MSers for any tips you can provide, while I'm starting on this as my "new therapy." Newness is scary, and reading the side effects of stomach issues, diarreaha, hair loss, etc. I wanted to reach out to YOU as a fellow MSer you can give me your input! I appreciate any tips you can give me.

Thanks so much!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Thank goodness I didn't have to go through the injection phase. Aubagio was very new when I was dx. I was nervous about trying it but used it for many years and stayed stable. I did have some stomach troubles, but after I stopped taking Aubagio the stomach issues remained the same; actually got worse. I didn't have any hair loss at all. I did lose quite a bit of weight but I am not sure it was the Aubagio.

Good luck with it. I am grateful I had it available when I needed it.

Comment

Working...
    X