Going off Aubagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going off Aubagio

I was on Copaxone and now on Aubagio. Aubagio isn't working for me. I'm thinking of going back to Copaxone. Anyone here have experience with that?
    Littlemissy

Same for me. Copaxone worked for years and went on Aubagio in April. After one week, my blood pressure went high and I had nausea, and many side effects. Stopped taking aubagio and on nothing. Debating whether to try copaxone again since I am progressing. ???

Comment

LittleMissy and Louise:

How long have you both had MS? What phase are you in? Still RRMS?
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I was dx. in 2003 but probably have had MS since 1990, Still have RRMS dx. but more than likely SPMS since I have had no flare and slowly have less mobility. I have been on nothing since stopping Aubagio and neuro says I may want to go back on Copaxone. I am 79 and am still debating. Right now I am more concerned with Quality of Life and still drive, continue to enjoy life but not to the level of a year ago and concerned about trying newer meds(Mayzent) since I had breast cancer and several of them are not indicated for anyone who has had cancer. The only DMD I've had was Copaxone which worked well for 18 years when I started progressing and tried Aubagio which was a disaster for me. I am grateful that I can still be involved with my grandchildren's activities and attend their sports functions.

Comment

Hi Louise. Have you had any MRIs that show new lesions or enhanced lesions? Or s it just that your symptoms are progressing? Have you asked your neuro truly believes you are SPMS and what benefit you have by going back on copaxone if you are? Glad that you are able to be involved with your grandchildren. No better reward for being a parent - having grandkids!
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X