Aubagio and hair loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio and hair loss

Hi! I am on month six of Aubagio and I started having major hair loss about a month ago. I have lost over half of my hair and it is still falling out. Is anyone else having this problem on Aubagio and if so, did it ever stop? Did your hair grow back in? I am scared it will all fall out! So I'm considering switching meds??

I otherwise don't have any problems with Aubagio.

I was on Aubagio for 2.5 years and did not notice any air loss, but already was experiencing a slow receding hairline.

Comment

It'll stop.
      I had similar hair loss at about the same time. Thought I was going to go nuts. My hair was/is long, so it probably seemed worse than it was.
      Biotin (B vitamin) helps with hair growth & regrowth. Grab some from any place you find vitamins. It'll save your sanity. It'll take time, so be patient.
      All my hair grew back, thicker than before (thank you Biotin), and the loss has never happened again.

I'm more impressed with the fact that I've had zero new lesions, zero relapses, zero disease progression. A bit of hair loss (that grew back after all) is nothing compared to that kind of success.
      "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
      Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I was on it for about 6 months and I lost hair like crazy. It was so bad people would metion it if I rode in their car because I would leave such a mess. I ended up getting neuropathy in both legs (a listed side effect) so I stopped. My hair stopped falling out and mostly grew back. I still have a patch in the front that looks like I have a receeding hair line.

Comment

aubagio

Thank you for the replies I really needed to hear from someone who has gone through this. I don't want to discontinue Aubagio because it is convenient and has great efficacy. I have started biotin and guess I will have to push through this stage. It is still falling out and it is really annoying and scary to deal with.

Comment

It absolutely is annoying!
            I hope you push through it quickly.
            Good luck.

T
            "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
            Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

This is about the time you will notice it. I lost half of my hair. It started falling out in clumps when I was in the shower. I wanted to cry. You could actually see my scalp in front of my head. Even though it came out in clumps, they were basically from thinning, meaning even though I lost half my hair, I didn't have bald spots. It was all over and that made it not as noticeable. I've been on Aubagio for a little over a year now and my hair still isn't the way it was before I started.

However, I have had no other symptoms on it. Not one!!!! So the temporary hair loss, although devastating, is worth it to me. I couldn't take the Beta shots anymore after 5 years. Now I will say that I had really long hair when I started and my hair is wavy and coarse so when it did fall out, only my close friends and family noticed it. The hair near my scalp is back to normal, but I've had to cut the length twice because it was so scraggly and I'm just waiting for it to catch back up. It would look normal if I cut my hair short, but I'm not doing that. Lol. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X