Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Aubagio experience? Please share.

Hi all,
    Very often on message boards, people post the negative things about a drug. What I would like to hear is both positive and negative experiences on Aubagio.
    I have read about people starting on this med, but how have you fared down the road, how are you doing, are you glad that you started it? What has your life been like with this little blue pill as your daily fight against MS?
    Is Aubagio a drug I can live with? Not just when starting it, but later on when the symptoms kick in.
    Thanks a lot.

Hi Curly Girl

I've been taking Aubagio since Dec 2014, and I was super hesitant to start. It's my first MS med, but meds make me squinchy and i wanted no part of it!
    I'm glad I did, because the peace of mind I have now, knowing I'm doing what I can to keep the progression as slow as possible.

Starting was simple. Food or not doesn't matter, time of day doesn't matter, just be close to consistent.

Side effects were slight. A little diarrhea around 4 weeks after starting. I didn't even bother with an OTC remedy. It was that minor. I also had a bit of minor hair thinning around the 4th month. Nobody but me noticed. It was just extra hair in my brush. That lasted about 6 weeks & had all grown back in.

As for now, 16 months in, I have zero side effects. I do have bloodwork regularly & everything there is great. A follow up MRI looked great too. No MS symptom progression of any kind. I call this a complete win.

Good luck to you.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Just started

Hi! I'm also curious to know others long term experiences on Aubagio. I just started it on Thursday and the first 3 days my stomach was upset and grumbled but nothing too bad. Then it stopped. And I haven't noticed anything else as of yet. So far, so good! I was very nervous to start it after coming off Tecfidera. It lowered my white blood cell count to 0.4 so I had to stop it. I was disappointed because other than that it was going well. So I'm hoping for long term success this time! Fourth times a charm....right? (I've also been on Copaxone and Avonex)
      DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Comment

Hi, I've been on Aubagio, for two months. After three years on an injectable. Uck. I am kicking my self for not switching to an oral earlier. I have had no side effects. Finger crossed. I take it once a day, at night. My first bloodwork check came back with my liver level being mildly higher. But my doc wants to give it another month, and recheck.

Comment

Working...
        X