Lactose Intolerance and Aubagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lactose Intolerance and Aubagio

I was just diagnosed with MS a week ago, and my doctor wanted to start me on Aubagio. The meds haven't arrived at my house yet, but the doctor called yesterday to tell me that he has reservations about me taking it because I am highly lactose intolerant, and one of the main ingredients in Aubagio is lactose. I called the makers of Aubagio, and they'd never heard that and did some research. They verified that it does indeed contain lactose.

My question is this - are any of you on Aubagio also lactose intolerant, and if so, what is your experience?

Thanks so much - I'm more than overwhelmed right now!

God bless,
    Clarkette

That's a confusing challenge. I am mildly lactose intolerant - meaning I can have a small amount without trouble, but usually avoid it. I did have a small amount of diarrhea a couple weeks after starting Aubagio, but it's mostly resolved itself. If it flares up I'm not even sure if it's the medicine or if I had too much dairy that day.
    I honestly don't feel that the Aubagio has made a difference in my case.
    Since you're highly lactose intolerant, it may be a different story altogether.
    Best wishes.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
    X