• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio and PML?

Copaxone-Failed
    Rebif-Failed
    Tysabri-turned JCV+ so also failed

My Neuro is getting twitchy because I'm not on any DMT he wants to try Aubagio next.
    Anyone know of any links between Aubagio and PML? Dr. Google has not been much help.

Peace,
    Anna

Aubagio is an immunosuppressant, but there have been no PML cases linked to Aubagio.

Please remember:

• While you receive TYSABRI, and for 6 months after you stop receiving TYSABRI, it is important that you call your doctor right away if you have any new or worsening medical problems (such as problems with your thinking, eyesight, balance, or strength; weakness on 1 side of your body; and using your arms and legs) that have lasted several days.

Comment

Thank you, Marco, my Doctor told me 8 mths I believe he is overly cautious. I was told he bought me up in a dinner conversation he was having with several other Neuros and they all agreed Aubagio is the only option left.

I'm at a point where I just don't have faith in anything available.

Peace,
      Anna

Comment

I just saw my neuro yesterday. I was recently JCV+, so he'd like to see me stop Tysabri & start Aubagio..... since I refuse to go back to Copaxone or Rebif. He said it's the only oral that has no PML risk.
        ~ There's nothing so peaceful as watching my pets sleep ~

Comment

Hobbit I know what you're going through. I've been on Avonex, then Copaxone, then Tecfidera, then finally Gilenya. The first three failed to do their job as I kept having relapses and my body couldn't tolerate Gilenya.

I also test JC+ and neither my Neuro or myself felt comfortable trying Tysabri. So as of now I am not on any DMT. I did my research on Aubagio and we are going to try that. I am running out of options myself. Hopefully Aubagio will do the trick. The only drawback to Aubagio is it stays in your system for 2 years after you stop taking it. However, there is a medicine you can take to flush it out of your system faster.

Good luck to you and I wish you well!!
          Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
          Babe Ruth

Comment

Waydwnsouth1, it sucks. I'm just so tired of it all. First the tests, than the hoops to try to qualify for assistance, fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe, this one will help. Just sick and tired.....sigh.....options keep dwindling and body parts keep failing.

I see my Neuro again in October we'll start the ball rolling then, again.

Good luck to you as well.

Peace,
            Anna

Comment

I'll start the ball rolling to start Aubagio Monday 8/31. That is really my last option as I see it. Oh sure some people will say there is always Lemtrada but in reality it is a chemotherapy treatment. I was reading an article in a MS magazine and it said though the drug reps won't come out and say that's what it is it really is. At least IMHO. IM not about to put that in my body.

It's already bad enough with the drugs we have to take not knowing what to expect. With Aubagio you have to have blood work every month for the first 6 months. Not only that you must have had blood work checking your WBC 6 months prior to starting Aubagio. They all have their drawbacks. You just have to choose the best of worst. Aubagio is the one for me.
              Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

Babe Ruth

Comment

Let us know how it goes, please.

JCV+ ruled out Lemtrada according to my Neuro. I am very interested in knowing how you do on Aubagio when you start. My family is all for it, I'm still on the fence. I am very leery about ruining any more body parts.

Good luck,
                Anna

Comment

Hobbit, I started AUBAGIO today. I don't know what to expect as far as when side effects may start. I posted looking for input but haven't received any answers yet. I'll keep you posted how things are going.

Have you decided to try AUBAGIO?

Babe Ruth

Comment

How's it going Waydwnsouth on the Aubagio???? Hope your'e doing well.

Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                    RRMS
                    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
                    X