Is anyone taking Aubagio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone taking Aubagio?

I am new to this site and I have allot of questions regarding Aubagio. I was diagnosed 8 years ago with MS and I have been on everything, and my body just can't handle shots anymore, so my Dr and I are going to discuss going on Aubagio when I go see him next week. So I was wondering if anyone out there is on it and could let me know how your doing on it, side effects you might be having, if you feel better, etc. Thank you in advance for your response.

Some people here are taking Aubagio and talking about it. There's a forum for it in the Medications section. http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Comment

Yes, and I'm going to move this thread over to that forum so more people who are interested will see this!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I'm posting under the Aubagio - my experiences thread started by Alicious.

Comment

Yeah, I started a thread about it. Come join us!

In the meantime, I've had diarrhea/loose stools (classy!), itchiness that has resolved, and...I think that's it. No hair loss or anything else.

Aubagio is a lot less risky than Gilenya (the other pill on the market), and so far, so good. If you have any questions, we're here to help!

Comment

important question about aubagio - help!

I was at a MS dinner last night and the featured neurologist was talking about Gilenya. someone in the crowd asked about the "other oral drugs". The neuro said the other ones permanently damage our (something) and we would never get it back again. And it was very dangerous. But I didn't get to hear what that something is and I never got the opportunity to ask him. I know someone on this site will know - please what it is?

Comment

Hard to comment without being there, but...

If he was discussing Aubagio one of the warnings is about liver damage. Blood test for a liver check is done before starting and then once a month for the first 6 months after starting.

The medication guide available on the Aubagio website lists this and other possible side effects.

Comment

I just started Aubagio 14 mg and have had no side effects. I had a blood test before starting the medication and will have monthly tests for the next 3 months then every 3 months to make sure there is no liver damage.

Comment

started Aubagio 6 weeks ago

Overall I seem to tolerate this med just fine, but I am continually out of breath. It is so annoying. I have called the nurse for Aubagio about side effects but she said she really didn't know that much about them and to not worry. Why I didn't think of that is beyond me. ha ha I am hoping this starts to subside some as time goes by. Other than the shortness of breath I haven't had any other problems with Aubagio. Does anyone know how long it takes before the doctor can determine if it is doing any good? Thanks

Comment

After calling my insurance company to find out what the delay is with approval I found out they already had approval though they never called. So someone called my specialty pharmacy and gave the my info for copay assist. I left a message with my one to one nurse. She called back today. I told thanks its all taken care of

Comment

Originally posted by laurasari View Post
                      After calling my insurance company to find out what the delay is with approval I found out they already had approval though they never called. So someone called my specialty pharmacy and gave the my info for copay assist. I left a message with my one to one nurse. She called back today. I told thanks its all taken care of
                      Good to hear it's moving along.

Comment

Thanks I just heard from my specialty pharmacy I will receive my medication on wed.

Comment

Finally received my Aubagio yesterday and started last night. It took me five weeks

Comment

started aubagio april 6,2013

The first 5 days no side effects. Starting on day 6, really severe sweating starts about one hour after I take it. Goes on for several hours. Sweats start again later in the day. Switching to take after lunch. Can't take at bedtime, these sweats would drive me crazy. I saw my neuro 4/10/13, he tells me I am the first patient in the practice on aubagio. Had to go to his office look at his paperwork to see what tests I needed. Didn't get a real warm,fuzzy feeling re. His ability to help. I spoke with my aubagio one-on-one nurse, she feels this side effect will go away. I'll let you know.

Comment

Started Aubagio April 13, 2013

So far nothing. So I hope the side effects don't start soon. I will keep everyone informed about how I am doing. I wasn't thrill about having to switch from Tysabri, but I was positive for the virus and after 5 months I a little nervous. I will update everyone on how I am doing. I almost feel alone on this drug.

Comment

Working...
                              X