too old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too old

I have been on Ocrevus the past 4 years. I am now 67 years old. My MS symptoms started when I was about 45 and finally diagnosed and started on meds at age 50. My MRI's have been stable almost since the beginning. I was unhappy with my neurologist and went to a new one who asked me at my age why I was on Ocrevus. He stated at met age my MS had "burned out" and in his large clinic he had no-one over the age of 65 on immunosuppressants. I have been deteriorating slowly over the past 3-4 years but he stated that was neuro degeneration due to aging. He recommended stopping the ocrevus and weaning down with a low dose oral med then stopping all. Stated my risk of relapse with this was less than !%. Has anyone else heard or been told this?

That is a question many have wondered. They used to say MS burned itself out over time, with progression related to prior damage. Then they said that wasnt the case. Now they are back to studying the question - when can DMTs safely be stopped?

This article was I retesting to me. It appears Cleveland clinic feels it is safe to stop for people who have been stable (no MRI changes) for 5 years and are 60 years of age or older.

https://www.neurologylive.com/view/t...ntinue-therapy

Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X