Co-pay infusion programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-pay infusion programs

Michigan has been one of the four states where state laws have excluded us from Infusion Copay Assistance programs. (The other three are Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Rhode Island.)

Pop up notice Ocrevus infusion copay website:

Effective January 1, 2021, the Ocrevus Infusion Copay program is now offered to eligible OCREVUS patients in Michigan due to a change in state law. Existing drug co-pay patients in Michigan will need to enroll into the Infusion co-pay program either by completing enrollment on OCREVUSCOPAY.com or by calling their Patient Navigator at (844) 672-6729 https://www.ocrevuscopay.com/

I wasn't aware of this, until I checked out their website for something else. Called and am now enrolled. I was also told it would be retroactive and cover my January infusion.

When I contacted my infusion center (I go to a hospital infusion center), they weren't aware of the change yet. I directed them to the website. It was noted on my chart and they are checking into it further. They said it will involve all their patients on it, which is thousands, so be patient. In the meantime, not paying the $800 bill for infusion costs until I know how much really responsible for. The website says as little as $5. That would definitely be nice! Just curious, what have others paid?

I also found out today my insurance covers home infusions for this drug. I'm sure that's because of the cost benefit to them, but will make things so much easier for me!

With all the time I've spent tackling problems I've had with my insurance lately, sure is nice to receive a double dose of good news for a change!

The change in state law would also apply to Tysabri infusion costs for those eligible. Don't see anything mentioned on their website yet, but worth checking into.

Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck
Working...
X