• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you MSer
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Hello all and Happy New Year,

I have not taken a xanax for two days the anxiety has gotten better but yesterday I started having buzzing and vibrating feelings on the inside of my body all over.

It is very uncomfortable. I believe this must be another side affect from the solumedrol. I took a tylenol pm pill last night so I could sleep.

I may take another xanax just to see if it will help this sx.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

precaution

I would be cautious of taking Xanax for buzzing feeling. It may be something that you need to take.

Lots of side effects of long term use of Xanax if something else can help this if you can not tolerate the buzzing.

If it was me, I would keep my doctor informed and have a conversation with them about a medication with the least side effects and least long term effects.

Good luck.
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

kelm thanks, I am hoping my Dr. office will be open tomorrow. If I am still having it tomorrow I will be calling.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

I would definitely ask your neuro if you need the prednisone taper ( for future reference). I can't tolerate the taper for same reason...high anxiety and no sleep. After 1st try, all other solumedrol treatments had no taper. I do much better that way

Anxiety can do a number on the body. It can cause some if the symptoms, as can MS. I do hope you get some relief and catch up to your doctor.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks Kathy,

I don't believe I will do another taper.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

up-date- My anxiety had gotten better I still had some but not as bad and was able to not take a xanax for serveral days.

My anxiety has now gotten bad again but not as bad as it was after the steroids but I am taking .25mg of xanax twice a day.

I have never had this much anxiety from just worrying. Could it still be possible it is still from the steroids and it will continuely to get better?

Thank you
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                  I have never had this much anxiety from just worrying. Could it still be possible it is still from the steroids and it will continue to get better?
                  The steroids are long gone from your body, so what you are experiencing is not a direct effect of the steroids anymore. Your anxiety has lasted much longer than the short term side effect that can occur when someone is actively taking steroids.

However, as has been pointed out earlier, steroids can trigger psychological disorders that can continue based on how the brain and the psyche work. So it might be that the steroids started an anxiety cycle.

Since your anxiety isn't directly from the steroids anymore, it's hard to say whether it will continue to get better or how long it will take. If it doesn't continue to get better, it might be a good idea for your doctor to consult a psychiatrist about your situation or to refer you to a psychiatrist for evaluation. Psychiatry is the profession that specializes in psychological disorders and how chemicals -- including steroids and other medicines -- affect them. So it might be helpful to get a different opinion about how the steroids might have affected your anxiety.

I hope you continue to feel better.

Comment

Thank you MSer,

I have been thinking the same thing. I wake up and the anxiety starts. I don't even have time to worry and I have to take a Xanax, sometimes only one and sometimes one again in the afternoon.

This is so scary.
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

Update- I went to see the NP at my MS center yesterday.

I told her all that had been going on with me. She started going over my meds. If you read my thread about my burning feet, you know I was taking Tegretol, Cymbalta, neurotin & nortriptyline and I got some relief for a few days.
                      Well the burning just came back. I decided to come off the meds. At that point the NP said you did not have ms flare up you went into withdrawals.

She said I had anxiety from the steriods and from the withdrawals and to keep taking the xanax as needed, it is a low dose and one day I would not need it.
                      God Bless Us All

Comment

After my last post I started having shortness of breath so I knew I needed more help.

I saw a psychiatrist and he has started me on another med for anxiety and to take xanax for emerg. when the other takes affect. He upped my Zoloft from 50mg to 100mg.

Please pray for me and thank you for listening.
                        God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                        X