Anyone use Lovaza or Vascepa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use Lovaza or Vascepa?

I am going to try and get moved from Rebif to tecfidera at my november appointment.
    I am just so sick of the shots and all the calloused patches everywhere I inject.

The other thing I wanted to talk to him about was maybe getting an off label prescription if possible,
    I take 4 fish oils to get me to 1g of EPA+DHA each day.
    I really want to get to the 3 or 4 g area to see if it will actually help reduce inflammation which I am thinking should help with symptoms and make my legs respond better.
    I was going to do this off script, but chocking down 16 fish oil pills daily just is not high on my want to do list either.

MY GP was talking to me about a prescription fish oil, but for him to write the script my triglycerides need to be over 500. Believe me they have been and I do not look forward to another case of pancreatitis just to get on these.
    So I looked into them there is Lovaza which was the first, that includes EPA and DHA.
    Then came Vascepa which is just EPA.

So I guess what I am asking is i anyone has taken either of these and have they helped at all with your joint and movement problems.

Thanks
    1995-symptoms with no cause
    2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
    2000/1-started Avonex
    2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
    Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt
Working...
X