Is Neurontin one of those meds..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Neurontin one of those meds..

... that you have to take continually to build it up in your system? I recently heard this from a doctor for the first time.

I find myself using it for pain that might or might not be nerve or neurological pain. But I don't take it every day.

Same thing with Baclofen. Does it work better if you keep up a regular regimen of it? And can you take it along with Neurontin or should they be spaced apart a couple hours??
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Marti, I'm sure Neurontin (Gabapentin) must b taken regularly in order to help your nerve pain. These meds don't work in the same way as the narcotic pain meds that you take just when you need them.

I don't know about the other drug. A quick call to your doctor's office should give you the info you need.
    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Gabapentin definitely does have to build up in your system, so it must be taken regularly. Baclofen can be taken as needed. Depending on the severity of your spasticity, you may find that you personally do better if you take it regularly...but it can be taken as needed. The biggest thing I know of with taking the two together is that they can both cause some drowsiness, so proceed with caution in that department.
      RRMS 1/16/13
      Ocrevus 2/19/18

Comment

Yes, it must be taken regularly, for optimum effect.
        I just did not like it. It made me sleepy during the day (I liked this side effect at night, though), and FAT.
        I gained 5-10 while taking it regularly. Some others have reported more pounds than that. I only took it for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X