Water Intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Intake?

Why is it necessary to drink a lot of water when taking the Disease Modifying Medications?

I work out six (weightlifting and cardio) days a week. This weekend I read an article where someone who has a similar workout routine as me drinks a gallon of water a day. That's double what I usually drink.

A little voice in my head reminded me that the Betaseron nurse told me I might not be drinking enough water and thus the reason for my fatigue. I decided to experiment and drink a gallon today. I do feel better. Maybe all along, I haven't been drinking enough water. I started Betaseron on Oct 15 and started the full dose two weeks ago. Once I started the 3/4 strength dose that's when I started to feel really bad.

I figured if someone with a similar workout routine as me is drinking a gallon of water a day I should certainly try it since my nurse keeps mentioning that I need to drink plenty of water.

I'm also going to change my workout routine. I'm going to lift weights three days a week instead of six and do continue with cardio six days a week.
    Karen
    Karen,
    Part time Registered Nurse
    Diagnosed 2012 just started Gilenya Jan. 12th, 2015. Formerly on Betaseron for two yrs

If I drank a gallon of water a day I wouldn't be able to workout as I would never be able to leave the bathroom
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
      If I drank a gallon of water a day I wouldn't be able to workout as I would never be able to leave the bathroom
      Amen to that

Comment

Hi MsGymRat,

I don't use a DMD but I do drink alot of water. I drink, on average, 100 oz a day. I also workout and am, in general, very active.

I had trouble for quite sometime with fluid retention. Legs/feet swelled (edema) and there was not a medical reason that could be found.

For some reason I became thirstier (no medical reason) and went from 60/64 oz a water a day to 100oz. Amazingly, the increase in fluid permanently took care of the edema.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

So far

Thanks for your responses! I'm feeling better and I have to urinate about every two hours. I also lost one pound too. Lol.
          Karen,
          Part time Registered Nurse
          Diagnosed 2012 just started Gilenya Jan. 12th, 2015. Formerly on Betaseron for two yrs

Comment

Working...
          X