Ritalin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritalin

Neuro has prescribed Ritalin for fatigue and my inability to concentrate - also because it's alot cheaper than Provigil.. What dosage is usually prescribed? Is that dosage generally increased?

I'm prescribed 10 mg 2 x a day as needed and it works wonders. I've had the same dose for 4 years and only take it as needed and havn't had to have it increased.

Comment

Me too. same thing. As needed. Wonderful.

Comment

What time of day

do you take each dose?

Comment

Ritalin

i'm with everyone else, 10m 3x a day as needed. It works well for me. I take my last dose early evening. Doesn't seem to bother sleep
          Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thank You All

neuro prescribed 5mg twice a day - doesn't seem to be doing it. No times were specified. What times do you take it?

Comment

I have it beside my bed in the morning and then take it on waking. At breakfast and in the first hours of work, I'm clear and not sleepy.

Comment

Big A - So you just take

10 mg once in the morning upon waking and that's it for the day?

Comment

Feeling our way

I too was recently rxd Ritalin. I had been taking Amantadine and it was working anymore. Provigil was out of this world expensive.

My neuro kind of wrote the rx that I could take up to 6 a day so that I could see what works for me.

So far I have done 10 twice a day. 10 upon waking and 10 more early afternoon.

I teach (which is adding comic relief to my teaching partner's day) and I really get fatigued in the afternoon.

I know the Ritalin is supposed to be effective for 4 hours, but I want to take in slowly and only use what I need.

So far this seems to be working. I still come home and crash but at least I can work.

Comment

Originally posted by its2much View Post
                    10 mg once in the morning upon waking and that's it for the day?
                    often one more between noon and 2pm.

There are better drugs; it's just the cheapest and it works.

Comment

I take a 20mg extended release in the morning and then have a 10mg reg for afternoon if I really need it.

Comment

extended release

Is anyone on the extended release form of Ritalin.

I have been taking 10 early and then 10 again later and most days another 5 to get through the evening.

I feel like my mind is still working but my body isn't keeping up as the day goes on.

I am reluctant to go any higher and I am wondering what a standard dose might be. I asked at my last appointment and was told that everyone was different and that I needed to take what worked for me.

I know that I have students that are on extended release Ritalin and wondered if that would help with the highs and lows.

Thank you,
                        Denise

Comment

Whenever you start a new medicine, make sure someone is with you. I switched from Provigil to Ritalin and got real Dizzy on the Ritalin after one dose.
                          DXed MS 11/2005, SX started 1986. SX worsened 2003. Primary Progressive/Malignant MS. Copaxone til 06/06, Betaseron til 01/08, Novantrone til 11/07, Tysabri til 01/11 33 doses. Tecfidera 04/16-present. JCV+.

To God be the Glory!

Comment

Ritalin made me so tired! I thought..no way. So I tested and sure as can be...every time I took it, I got really tired. And so, back on the expensive Provigil. It works so I'll have to keep on using it.
                            Jodi
                            "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Maya Angelou

Comment

I TAKE 10MG 2XS A DAY AS NEEDED. IT WORKS GET FOR ME. I ALSO STARTED OFF WITH THE 5 AND WENT UP! I ALSO WAS ON PROVIGIL WORKS GREAT BUT WAY TO EXPENSIVE FOR ME. NO INSURANCE.
                              DIAGNOSED=2012
                              ISSUES LONG BEFORE
                              REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Working...
                              X