The Ampyra Paper Cha-Cha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ampyra Paper Cha-Cha

Just got off the phone with a friend who also doubles as her mom's social worker.

Not many neuros know about this two month free trail period. The neuro and the patient BOTH need to sign what's called the First Step Order form. My friend's mom learned about this benefit after the fact too like I did. And this family's dealings with Ampyra's: bold-face lies that need to be documented. (But hey what does Ampyra care-they're giving away free meds, right?)

My friend was told earlier this week that the first month's supply would be FedExed Tuesday, two day shipping. Tonight she learned that her mom's signature would be required and that the daughter would be emailed the form and only then would they send the Ampyra. Didn't happen (the email). Daughter called two hours later and was promised by a supervisor that the form would be emailed. Daughter called back, as instructed, an hour later, and a big drug company like Acorda doesn't have a 100.00 HP scanner. Still no email.

The double talk is staggering.

Gives new meaning to The Dog Ate My Homework.

And if Ampyra cruises this website looking for anecdotal information-shame on you! Not nice at all.

Cautionary tale: If you decide that Ampyra is something you'd like to try, you need to sign all the paperwork at the neuro's office or it's one big head-banging chase!
Working...
X