Finally!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!!!

I've been on before with lots of questions. Now I have some answers and its a relief. After seeing 3 neuros in Washington state all three agreed that I have "a touch of MS with not enough lesions to warrant putting me through treatment". Frustrating I know. I have since moved to Montana and believe I had an attack due to the stress of the move. I fell down some stairs, and fell outside. My kids bought me a cane because I was so unstable on my feet. I established myself here with a new doc and she sent me straight to a neuro with a recommendation of getting me on meds.

He was great, very agitated that the other docs didn't get me on treatment. He was not happy, looked at both MRI's from last year and found lesions not indicated. He feels that there are many more that were not picked up on them. SO he sent me running to the infusion center at the hospital for 3 treatments of steroids, then 11 days of prednisone, and then 40mg 3x a week copaxone.

So after almost a year I finally am getting the treatment I have needed. With a dx of RRMS.

Well, lucidmom, I don't think congratulations are appropriate, but it must be a great relief to know now and to get on a treatment plan! It was for me, but I had to wait 10 years to get a proper dx That was years ago, and I think collectively that the medical profession have come a long way with their diagnostic tools.

I am sorry you had doctors who didn't realize the importance of getting you on a DMT plan right away, but unfortunately that's how it sometimes goes...

I hope the Copaxone works well for you and please stay safe and steady on your feet
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Having a name for this disease that otherwise makes you think you are a little crazy is indeed a relief. While no one wishes MS on you, I think we can all understand your big sigh at finally understanding what has been going on.

Best of luck with the Steroids and the Copaxone.

Cheryl
      Cranial VIth Nerve Palsy (2008, 2014); Partial Myelitis (9/2015); RRMS Dx (11/18/2015); Plegridy (2/2016)

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD LUCIDMOM!!!! I felt secondly what you describedafter I got my diagnosis ( it took seven years), so I can completely understand. Ask any questions you might have and I am sure someone will have had some experience with it and can give you some help as far as what helped them.
        Good luck on yourCopaxone! Good luck to you!
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi lucidmom,

The terminology used by your previous Neurologist had me a bit irritated, what the heck is a "touch of MS"?

I am so glad you finally found a good Neurologist and finally have answers. I am sorry your answer was MS

Best wishes on Copaxone
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X