X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pennstater
    replied
    Originally posted by uazip0510 View Post
    Had my brain MRI - that wasn't fun...made it through though.

One question, as I wait - I experienced mild symptoms in 2012 and again in 2016 before this all started again recently - I know nobody can diagnose me, but IF this is MS would that timeline suggest RRMS moreso than the other types?
    Did you discuss the results of your MRI with doctor yet? How are you doing?

As for your question, the majority of people start out as RRMS. My understanding is it is only with time, disease activity, and monitoring can a further determination be made.

Leave a comment:

• uazip0510
    replied
    Had my brain MRI - that wasn't fun...made it through though.

One question, as I wait - I experienced mild symptoms in 2012 and again in 2016 before this all started again recently - I know nobody can diagnose me, but IF this is MS would that timeline suggest RRMS moreso than the other types?

Leave a comment:

• uazip0510
    replied
    Originally posted by gargantua View Post
    Hoping you find out something useful!
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• gargantua
    replied
    For sure. I don't get the impression he believes my foot pain are related to any neurologic reason either, but we'll see.
    Hoping you find out something useful!

Leave a comment:

• uazip0510
    replied
    Originally posted by gargantua View Post
    MRIs are very expensive. It's not easy to get them approved by insurance, especially without a diagnosis.

Please take heart - your neurologist might have anatomical reasons, related to your specific symptoms, for just doing a brain MRI. The last thing you need is to feel like you're not getting good treatment when you're finally getting a needed MRI.
    For sure. I don't get the impression he believes my foot pain are related to any neurologic reason either, but we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• gargantua
    replied
    Thank you! Only brain, which aggrevates me a bit as I wanted both.
    MRIs are very expensive. It's not easy to get them approved by insurance, especially without a diagnosis.

Please take heart - your neurologist might have anatomical reasons, related to your specific symptoms, for just doing a brain MRI. The last thing you need is to feel like you're not getting good treatment when you're finally getting a needed MRI.

Leave a comment:

• uazip0510
    replied
    Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
    uazip is it only the brain MRI or is your Neurologist also doing a spine MRI? When MS is suspected it is best if both are done. Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the Central Nervous System(CNS) which includes the Brain, Spinal Cord, and Optic Nerves.

Hoping your MRI goes well
    Thank you! Only brain, which aggrevates me a bit as I wanted both.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOPY
    replied
    uazip is it only the brain MRI or is your Neurologist also doing a spine MRI? When MS is suspected it is best if both are done. Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the Central Nervous System(CNS) which includes the Brain, Spinal Cord, and Optic Nerves.

Hoping your MRI goes well

Leave a comment:

• uazip0510
    replied
    No x-rays? I am surprised. I have problems with my feet, some is related to MS and some is not. I had two exacerbations (relapse, flare-up, attack) that along with many other symptoms effected my feet which have permanent nerve damage.

I have extreme pain on the bottom of my feet which is not related nor caused by MS. The pain on top of my foot as well as my toes are due to MS and nerve damage from an ankle fracture that happened years ago.

Just to mention again, you should see an Orthopedist about your knees. It's really not common for MS to cause random joint pain.
    Sorry I should have mentioned - they did do a foot xray - nothing abnormal. All of this started with left knee pain, so maybe I have something else goinb on. I also visited a rheumatologist, but they didn't think I had RA, PsA, etc based on bloodwork.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOPY
    replied
    Podiatrist. They said they didn't think it was PF. Gave me night splints and an anti-inflammatory topical cream to try on my feet. I'm supposed to go back in 2 aeeks.
    No x-rays? I am surprised. I have problems with my feet, some is related to MS and some is not. I had two exacerbations (relapse, flare-up, attack) that along with many other symptoms effected my feet which have permanent nerve damage.

I have extreme pain on the bottom of my feet which is not related nor caused by MS. The pain on top of my foot as well as my toes are due to MS and nerve damage from an ankle fracture that happened years ago.

Just to mention again, you should see an Orthopedist about your knees. It's really not common for MS to cause random joint pain.

Leave a comment:

• uazip0510
    replied
    A Podiatrist, Orthopedist, or both? What was the out come, if you don't mind sharing.

Podiatrist. They said they didn't think it was PF. Gave me night splints and an anti-inflammatory topical cream to try on my feet. I'm supposed to go back in 2 aeeks.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOPY
    replied
    I actually visited one on Thursday.
    A Podiatrist, Orthopedist, or both? What was the out come, if you don't mind sharing.

Leave a comment:

• uazip0510
    replied
    Have you been to a Podiatrist (foot Dr.)? If not that would be my suggestions.

Information about Heel Pain:
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/...s/sym-20050788

Have you seen a Orthopedist about your Knee Pain? Knee pain can be associated with arthritis as well other problems with the knee(s) that should be evaluated.

It is possible that your symptoms are not related to MS but only testing and your Neurologist can determine that.
    I actually visited one on Thursday. My neurologist recommended it because it doesn't think it's related to my neurologic symptoms. I've never seen it listed as an MS symptom but wasn't sure. It's pretty pretty constant since August.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOPY
    replied
    The thing that throws me off is the heel pain when walking, which is a chronic symptom for me and the only thing that has significant impact on me. I haven't seen many others talk about heel pain, but maybe I just haven't read through enough!
    Have you been to a Podiatrist (foot Dr.)? If not that would be my suggestions.

Information about Heel Pain:
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/...s/sym-20050788

Have you seen a Orthopedist about your Knee Pain? Knee pain can be associated with arthritis as well other problems with the knee(s) that should be evaluated.

It is possible that your symptoms are not related to MS but only testing and your Neurologist can determine that.

Leave a comment:

• NoraS
    replied
    While I was working, and on my feet a lot, I had the heel/ball-of-foot pain. it would last for days, even when I was off, then go away for a week. Then it would come back for several days, go away again. I frequently limped for no other reason than that my feet hurt. Since I quit working I've only had minor issues with it, and nothing that interfered with my walking. I've been lucky, though, in that I've never had joint pain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X