Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uazip0510
    replied
    Thank you all for the replies. The thing that throws me off is the heel pain when walking, which is a chronic symptom for me and the only thing that has significant impact on me. I haven't seen many others talk about heel pain, but maybe I just haven't read through enough!

Leave a comment:

• NoraS
    replied
    Yeah, the "fun" part about MS is that we're all different. Part of the reason I was so hard to diagnose is that for many years my symptoms were so odd that they really didn't fit any known disease, and all my tests came back negative. The only thing in my favor is that the incidents followed a pretty set time period and formed a pattern that way.

Whatever you do, don't give up! Maybe they'll find a non-MS diagnosis for you, and maybe it'll just take a while to find that you do have MS. I've had multiple MRI's since that testing became available in my area, and it wasn't until this year that anything definitive showed up.

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Hello uazip and welcome!

I think MS presentations vary from person to person.

I have PPMS, and pain was not a symptom for me (and fortunately it's currently not a frequent symptom either). For others with MS, it may be.

Bladder frequency and urgency, gait issues, heat sensitivity, and muscle weakness were some of my presenting symptoms.

In any case, good luck next week, and let us know what you find out.

If you have any other questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• SNOOPY
    replied
    Hi uazip0510 and welcome to MSWorld

Does this sound like MS
    I certainly can't tell you if what you are experiencing sounds like MS or not. Many things can sound or appear to be MS but isn't. There are many things that can cause symptoms similar to MS such as other conditions, medication side effects, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, and more.

Best wishes on your upcoming MRI.

Leave a comment:

• uazip0510
    started a topic Scheduled for a Brain MRI

Scheduled for a Brain MRI

Hi everyone. I've seen a neurologist recently and he scheduled a brain MRI for me for next week. He didn't say it directly, but it seems he thinks MS may be possible. My symptoms, some of which started in May, have been:

Heel and ball of foot pain in both feet (started in August, has never gone away)

Joint pain in knees (started with my left knee - my very first symptom I noticed)

Right elbow joint pain

Middle and upper back pain

Tightness from knee down (intermittent but seems worse lately)

Fatigue in the mornings

Burning sensation at top of both ears (no physical issues with either; Dr. gave me Gabapentin which has helped)

No balance problems, dizziness, bladder issues, sexual dysfunction, or vision issues. I don't seem to have weakness (that seemed fine when my Dr. tested me).

I previously experienced some mild tingling in my legs back in 2016 and again in 2012 that came and went. All bloodwork has been normal aside from a weak positive ANA.

Does this sound like MS, maybe RRMS?
Working...
X