Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I was able to get in to see a neuro sooner than Feb. I went today. He agreed that the two major concerns is MS and Lyme. So I am scheduled for a lumbar puncture tomorrow (my birthday!). I'm really nervous but I also hope that I can get some answers soon.

Originally posted by mathgirl24 View Post
    I was able to get in to see a neuro sooner than Feb. I went today. He agreed that the two major concerns is MS and Lyme. So I am scheduled for a lumbar puncture tomorrow (my birthday!). I'm really nervous but I also hope that I can get some answers soon.
    Hi mathgirl ~ Happy Birthday tomorrow!

So glad for you that you were able to get an appointment with the neuro today.

Good luck with your lumbar puncture tomorrow. I had one and it went well, no problem, and it wasn't painful or anything.

But..... I didn't drink a lot of fluids after I got home, or remain lying down (like I was told to do) and got the bad headache the next day!

Let us know how everything goes.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello mathgirl and Happy Birthday!!

Like Koko I have also had a lumbar puncture and it went well without any pain and make sure you lay flat when you get home.

Hope all goes well and you find some answers.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Happy Birthday! Not my idea if a great present, but I am sure for you, you are anxious to get the testing done. Glad you were able to move up the appointment.

I can't comment on the test as I was diagnosed without it.

Hope all goes well and you get your answers soon.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

good luck

When I had my LP they had me drink a gatorade.

Make sure that you adhere to the laying flat, except going to the bathroom. I hope that you are able to have things at home so that you can do that.

I did not know about that, until the day of the LP. So, thought I would give you a heads up.

Comment

Well I got it over. I didn't do so well at first. I told them the trouble I had when I got my spinal block sitting up. That I got faint and nauseous. He thought I would be ok this time. So he had me sit up.

Well that didn't work! It was worse this time and I got really close to passing out and getting sick. I started sweating and everything went black. So they had me lay down.

Once I laid down they did the LP with no problem. I have a follow up appointment Jan 4 where I will find out results.

Comment

Originally posted by mathgirl24 View Post
              Well I got it over. I didn't do so well at first. I told them the trouble I had when I got my spinal block sitting up. That I got faint and nauseous. He thought I would be ok this time. So he had me sit up.

Well that didn't work! It was worse this time and I got really close to passing out and getting sick. I started sweating and everything went black. So they had me lay down.

Once I laid down they did the LP with no problem. I have a follow up appointment Jan 4 where I will find out results.
              Hopefully no headache today for you, mathgirl24!

Good luck at your Jan 4 appointment. Be sure to write down any questions and take them with you - I always remembered, what I forgot to ask, on the way home, in the car!

Take Care
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Is all this ahead of me and Do the symptoms regress like I’m being told or am I married to my legs and hands feeling numb and tight

Comment

Originally posted by FeelingFairly View Post
                  Is all this ahead of me and Do the symptoms regress like I’m being told or am I married to my legs and hands feeling numb and tight
                  Your question may have been lost on folks since in this thread. If you have questions, you may want to start a new thread and give a little more background on yourself to help answer.

The MS experience can be variable. In early years, my symptoms remitted and disappeared. In later years, some remitted, some stayed but lessened in intensity, and some stayed.
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                  X