Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else could it be?!

Hi all,

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I've been in limbo for what seems like over 2 years now. Christmas 2014 I had a severe vertigo attack. Couldn't walk or stand. Went to the hospital who advised it was an inner ear issue and to go home and rest. I did so and it passed over a couple weeks each day getting easier.

About a year later I had some headaches and brain fog that would come on every day so I was sent for a brain and c spine mri. That came back clear. I also had issues with pins and needles and numbness which I had blood tests for and they came back normal. It was put down to anxiety.

Since then I've had symptoms that have stuck around with no explanation and I'm not struggling to think what else could be wrong? I have a left hip flexor that gives me pain down my leg, random muscle twitches and pins and needles when I lean to the side for a minute. I was referred to a neurologist who thinks it's anxiety related. I started just accepting these as anxiety but now a couple more things have popped up that has me questioning it all again.

I have a burning sensation in my feet which is really noticeable when I've got socks or shoes on and I now have a numb spot on the tip of my left big toe. To go with this I've started forgetting basic things like certain words and such.

I decided to see my neurologist again who has said get a t spine mri which I'll get tomorrow. He said he doesn't think anything will come from it but I'm worried that it will come back clear and I'll still have no idea what's wrong.

2 years of this seems like it has to be MS or someone neurological...

Would appreciate anyone opinion.

Originally posted by David2016 View Post
    I decided to see my neurologist again who has said get a t spine mri which I'll get tomorrow.
    You might see if you can also have the Lumbar spine done. Back problems (herniated/bulging discs, etc.) can cause Neurological symptoms but are not related to Multiple Sclerosis.

2 years of this seems like it has to be MS or someone neurological...
    No. There is no symptom exclusive to Multiple Sclerosis nor will the length of time you have dealt with symptoms indicated MS as the cause. Only testing can give you answers.

Many conditions, some medications, vitamin/mineral deficiencies and mental health disorders mimic Multiple Sclerosis.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      You might see if you can also have the Lumbar spine done. Back problems (herniated/bulging discs, etc.) can cause Neurological symptoms but are not related to Multiple Sclerosis.

No. There is no symptom exclusive to Multiple Sclerosis nor will the length of time you have dealt with symptoms indicated MS as the cause. Only testing can give you answers.

Many conditions, some medications, vitamin/mineral deficiencies and mental health disorders mimic Multiple Sclerosis.
      Thanks Snoopy.

I had my lumbar done early last year which came back clear but I've had it added to my mri for today so maybe something has changed.

If it comes back clear should I just accept it for now?

Comment

Hi David2016,

If it comes back clear should I just accept it for now?
        I am not you nor am I a Dr. so I can't answer that

If you deal with anxiety that might be another road to go down. Anxiety can cause body wide physical symptoms. If anxiety is successfully treated and your symptoms are anxiety related you could see a reduction of symptoms with the possibility of symptoms completely resolving.

Unfortunately, without any medical testing pointing your Drs. in a direction there isn't much that can be done. It's possible that down the way testing might indicate something or maybe not.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
        X