New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

I've had issues off and on since 2014. Each time symptoms get worse or new ones pop up. I went to see a neurologist in 2015. Then in July of 2016, I got pregnant and felt great during pregnancy! Now here I am about 8 months pp and have had some really bad symptoms.

Symptoms in the past:

Numbness tingling of left hand
    Intermittent double vision
    Balance issues (not severe)

Symptoms this past month or so:

Numbness/tingling in left hand and now up part of my arm

Balance issues worse this time. I sway if I stand in place or sit unsupported. I have trouble walking at times. I feel kind of like I'm drunk. This lasted for about 3 days and got better.

Coordination issues which are new. I have trouble picking things up and missing my targets like light switches or when I try to open the cabinet doors. I also drop things multiple times a day.

Today I have felt better but have been really tired. I do have a baby but she has finally started sleeping all night and so have I. So I should feel more rested but I'm totally exhausted.

My first MRI of the brain and spine came back normal as did my EMG and NCV. I have been tested for deficiencies and other diseases all of which were negative. They did note a positive Babinski on the left.

I went to see my PCP and he noted an intention tremor with my left hand. So I had a second MRI this time they found an ill-defined faint high T2 signal within the deep right frontal and periventricular white matter, without evidence of mass effect or enhancement. MRI report says findings are abnormal but nonspecific, typically attributed to prior trauma/inflammation/infection, or chronic ischemia associated with migraine/atherosclerosis. Also consider demyelinating disease, although the findings are not pathognomic for multiple sclerosis.

Any insight? I'm going to call tomorrow to try to get an appointment with a neurologist again.

Hi mathgirl24 and Welcome

Congratulations on having your new baby (8 months old?)

Sorry that you are having many symptoms, and fatigue issues as well, to deal with. Can't be easy while you're caring for your baby.

Originally posted by mathgirl24 View Post
    Any insight? I'm going to call tomorrow to try to get an appointment with a neurologist again.
    I think this is a wise decision. You need to find out what is causing your symptoms.

Good luck - let us know what you find out.

Take good care of yourself and your baby.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

So the first available appointment isn't until February! So I went ahead and made an appointment. I think I might call around to some other neuros just to see if I can get in sooner.

Comment

February seems like a long time to wait. Hope you can get in sooner with someone else. But, if not, please let us know how your appointment goes.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X