Not sure what to do next...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what to do next...

Hello all! First time posting and was hoping to get some insight into my situation.

I am a 23 year old white male, 6'0 160 lbs. Fairly active lifestyle. History of thyroid cancer and hypothyroidism.

About 5 months ago I started to get a tightness in the center of my chest (not significant at this point but will become important later). Then about a two months ago I started getting a strange heavy feeling in my right calf. Figured I'd pulled it or something weird so I didnt think much of it. About a week later I got the same feeling in my left calf but not as strong as my right. This is when I got the feeling something might be wrong.

After both legs started to feel like that, the weekend later my left shoulder developed the same feeling as my calves, so I decided to take a trip to the ER as I also just felt generally bad. They did a CT scan of my brain and a few blood tests (calcium, vit d, magnesium) and everything checked out ok. The next day is when things started going downhill fast.

I felt really weak and my body just sort of felt like it was shutting down. I got extremely tired from just walking around. By the start of the next week my legs were very weak, but I could still move around ok and have never fallen even to this day from it. My big toe on the left side would fluctuate between tingling and being numb, and the right side of my right foot was tingling as well as all of the tips of my fingers on the left hand. This is where the tight chest comes in. Not only did it feel like it got tighter, it also spread to my shoulders and up my neck, something that to this day hasn't let up.

Anyways, I have been to the ER a second time about a month ago and they ran tests for my heart which also came back fine. They didnt know what to do so the released me. In and out of doctors offices and they all had no idea what was wrong, all of my bloodwork came back great. Finally got in to see a neurologist and explained my issues to him. He ordered a brain and c-spine mri with and without contrast which all came back clear. After which he did an EMG and provoction test, all came back clear. He then said "I have had patients that have had your symptoms, but I don't think you have MS." And that was it.

Now here I am today with no idea what to do. The tingling and numbness in my toes and feet have since gone away, but here are my symptoms as of today:
    Eye twitches
    Tingling in face (only sometimes)
    Tight neck
    Tight chest
    Tight/painful stomach/side muscles
    Strange heavy feeling in both arms from shoulders to wrists
    Dropping things in right hand
    Hard time keeping good posture
    Heavy feeling in both legs (no problem walking)
    Tire easily
    Body feels like its vibrating
    Index and thumb on right hand tingling

That is whag I can think of right now. And like I said I've had all the possible bloodworm done (b12, calcium, vitamin d, potassium, magnesium, thyroid, syphillis, HIV, cortisol, and many others) all came bacl great and I have all the values of the tests if needed.
    The reason I am posting is not because I am worried so much about HAVING ms, but about a trip to California from Washington where I liveI have planned this weekend and am extremeley scared that I will worsen while Im down in a new emvironment. Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry, also forgot to mention that I have random muscle twitches all over my body periodically and my entire body generally feels like its tight and being constricted

Comment

Hi Rrrichard,

Finally got in to see a neurologist and explained my issues to him. He ordered a brain and c-spine mri with and without contrast which all came back clear. After which he did an EMG and provoction test, all came back clear. He then said "I have had patients that have had your symptoms, but I don't think you have MS."
      The diagnostic criteria relies heavily on MRI evidence of the disease, your MRIs are clear.

There is no symptom exclusive to MS, many other conditions, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, medications and Mental health problems can cause symptoms similar to MS.

I have random muscle twitches all over my body periodically and my entire body generally feels like its tight and being constricted
      All over body wide symptoms isn't typical of MS. It's very possible something other than MS is going on. Please work with your Primary Care Physician for answers.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
      X