X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me understand!!!

Hi all,
    here's my story:

im a 20 year old female and a month ago I found a lump behind my right ear. I got an MRI and they accidentally found some things in my brain (unrelated to the lump).. they mentioned possible multiple sclerosis.
    I am seeing a neurologist next week but I would like to fully understand my report before walking into the appointment. Last time I was very overwhelmed as I didn't understand half of what they were saying.

Please help me understand my report:

"there are approximately 7 white matter T2 hyper intensities within the brain, most of which are in the supratentorial brain, some lying within the deep white matter whilst others in the subcortical white matter. A single deep white matter lesion is also seen within the right cerebellar hemisphere. On post contrast imaging, one of the lesions in the left posterior frontal deep white matter demonstrates contrast enhancement. These lesions are abnormal for age and demonstrates feature suspicious for demyelination."

Hi Zarjarv and welcome to MSWorld! I'm sorry that I can't completely interpret your finding here, but the mention of lesions could be MS especially with the mention of suspicious for demyelination. But, I am not qualified to give a intelligent answer to your question.

I just want to let you know that we are here for you in case the finding indicate a definitive diagnose. Even if the Dr takes a "wait and see" approach, which they sometimes do, we are here for you as well. Good luck with your next appointment!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Zarjarv View Post
      Hi all,
      here's my story:

im a 20 year old female and a month ago I found a lump behind my right ear. I got an MRI and they accidentally found some things in my brain (unrelated to the lump).. they mentioned possible multiple sclerosis.
      I am seeing a neurologist next week but I would like to fully understand my report before walking into the appointment. Last time I was very overwhelmed as I didn't understand half of what they were saying.

Please help me understand my report:

"there are approximately 7 white matter T2 hyper intensities within the brain, most of which are in the supratentorial brain, some lying within the deep white matter whilst others in the subcortical white matter. A single deep white matter lesion is also seen within the right cerebellar hemisphere. On post contrast imaging, one of the lesions in the left posterior frontal deep white matter demonstrates contrast enhancement. These lesions are abnormal for age and demonstrates feature suspicious for demyelination."
      Hi Zarjarv

I want to echo everything that Seasha has said.

And also add that this info about MRI (from the National MS Society) might be useful in understanding some of the language that is used in your report:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...sing-Tools/MRI

Wishing you the best!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X