Awaiting diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaiting diagnosis

So I've been hospitalized twice for MS like symptoms at 2 different hospitals. Both Dr's considered it an isolated incident. Last Neuro didn't impress me much.

I moved to a new place. This is when I went to the hospital a second time. The doctor there said I absolutely needed to see a new Neuro for a second opinion. New Neuro seems great. I got the MRI from my last Neuro sent to this one. He showed me a bunch of white spots defined as non specific. He mentioned the scans were done on a lower weight or something so he ordered all new scans at a higher weight with the magnet or something to allow him to see more specifically what all these spots are. He said ms is possible, but he needs scans to verify.

A few years ago this started as vertigo and gait problems. It's now developed into brain fog, memory, trouble concentrating, trouble walking, tremors, pins and needles, this itchy feeling, and tightness around the chest kind of.

Later this months I get new MRI of head, neck, and spine. In July I go back to see Neuro to see the results. It's nerve racking just waiting.

Hi Falcon81,

I did respond on your previous Thread.

MS has a diagnostic criteria. Part of that criteria requires all other causes for a person's symptoms must be ruled out. Many things cause symptoms that are similar to MS. Hopefully the MRIs will indicate if MS is possible.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon81 View Post
      So I've been hospitalized twice for MS like symptoms at 2 different hospitals. Both Dr's considered it an isolated incident. Last Neuro didn't impress me much.

I moved to a new place. This is when I went to the hospital a second time. The doctor there said I absolutely needed to see a new Neuro for a second opinion. New Neuro seems great. I got the MRI from my last Neuro sent to this one. He showed me a bunch of white spots defined as non specific. He mentioned the scans were done on a lower weight or something so he ordered all new scans at a higher weight with the magnet or something to allow him to see more specifically what all these spots are. He said ms is possible, but he needs scans to verify.

A few years ago this started as vertigo and gait problems. It's now developed into brain fog, memory, trouble concentrating, trouble walking, tremors, pins and needles, this itchy feeling, and tightness around the chest kind of.

Later this months I get new MRI of head, neck, and spine. In July I go back to see Neuro to see the results. It's nerve racking just waiting.
      Hi Falcon81

Waiting for tests, waiting for results, and waiting for diagnosis is very nerve racking indeed!

I remember it well.

I was lucky to have a job and to be able to work during the whole initial process. That helped somewhat to pass the time and keep my mind occupied.

But my mind went right back to angst and worry in many of my spare moments.

So I can understand what you're going through.

Hope that you are able to find a distraction, or some measure of relief from anxiety while you wait.

Good luck!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
        Hi Falcon81, I did respond on your previous Thread. MS has a diagnostic criteria. Part of that criteria requires all other causes for a person's symptoms must be ruled out. Many things cause symptoms that are similar to MS. Hopefully the MRIs will indicate if MS is possible.
        Thank you. I didn't entirely realize I posted in 2 spots, that's my bad. Thank you for your input. Dr has done a blood workup previously. He's shown me the criteria, McDonald criteria I think it was, and he's also explained that's there's a huge number of things that must be ruled out first.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hi Falcon81Waiting for tests, waiting for results, and waiting for diagnosis is very nerve racking indeed!I remember it well.I was lucky to have a job and to be able to work during the whole initial process. That helped somewhat to pass the time and keep my mind occupied.But my mind went right back to angst and worry in many of my spare moments.So I can understand what you're going through.Hope that you are able to find a distraction, or some measure of relief from anxiety while you wait.Good luck!Take Care
          Working does help. I'm the director of a non profit so I'm plenty busy. It is nice to have found this website though and hear other people's journeys though.

Comment

Working does help. I'm the director of a non profit so I'm plenty busy. It is nice to have found this website though and hear other people's journeys though.
            Glad you found MS World, as it is a wonderful website!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sounds like your earlier MRI was done on a 1.5 Tesla machine and now you´re getting it done on a 3.0 Tesla- the difference being that the more powerful machine can pick up more detail. Going forward you want to ask which machine the scrip is for b/c the comparisons have more validity if you´re comparing apples:apples so to speak. I hope you get some answers soon.

Comment

Hi Falcon81,

I didn't entirely realize I posted in 2 spots, that's my bad.
                No problem, it happens

I do hope your up coming MRIs give some insight on your symptoms.
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
                X