Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor after Doctor...

Hi all,

Brand new to this thread and hoping to get some answers...

Instead of putting this all in paragraph form, I'm just going to list my symptoms and testing and see what you all have to contribute. I would GREATLY appreciate any insight.

*Mid 1/2017: Had acough and cold with associated head congestion.Took some OTC meds and cough went away, but head congestion continued.

*End of 1/2017: Headcongestion turned into serious brain fog and severe fatigue. I had difficultyconcentrating, memory issues, exhausted after sleeping long hours or shorthours.
    *Beginning 2/2017: Experienced some slurred speech that was mostly noticeable by me, slowedprogress at work, significant motor issues (i.e. dropping things, knocking intostuff), balance problems (no falls).
    *2/14/17: ER Visitfor heaviness in bilateral legs.BrainCT & MRI came back normal – no lesions or plaques seen.
    *Mid 2/2017: Continued to feel fatigued, had some shaking of my legs, mostly when Iwas really cold. Also experienced some hamstring/buttock muscular fatigue andsoreness after standing for longs periods of time.
    *End 2/2017: Normalcervical & thoracic MRIs – no evidence of demyelinating disease.Symptoms still continued, but my coordinationwasn’t as bad as it used to be.
    *All of 3/2017: Samesymptoms.Saw two neurologists who orderedblood work, which all came back normal; EMG/NCV normal.Recommended that I see a neuropsych toperform some tests since the brain fog and concentration seems to be the worstof it right now.
    *Recently: Developedan “internal tremor/fluttering” in my left hand; it doesn’t outwardly shake,but it feels unsteady and shaky and often have trouble grasping things forlonger periods of time in left hand.
    Has anyone ever had these symptoms with all normal tests? All normal MRIs? I have not yet had an LP, but everyone seems to be writing this of as anxiety - I just can't accept that. I am so incredibly lost and depressed…sometimes to the pointwhere I no longer want to get out of bed in the morning. I know this depression is a RESULT of mycondition rather than the reason for it.

Where do I go from here?

Hello C

I am so incredibly lost and depressed…sometimes to the pointwhere I no longer want to get out of bed in the morning. I know this depression is a RESULT of mycondition rather than the reason for it.
    Regardless of the cause of depression it would be very helpful for you to see a Psychiatrist or even your Primary Care Physician for treatment of your depression.

Recently: Developedan “internal tremor/fluttering” in my left hand; it doesn’t outwardly shake,but it feels unsteady and shaky and often have trouble grasping things forlonger periods of time in left hand.
    Continued to feel fatigued, had some shaking of my legs, mostly when Iwas really cold
    Experienced some slurred speech that was mostly noticeable by me, slowedprogress at work, significant motor issues (i.e. dropping things, knocking intostuff), balance problems (no falls).
    If you had a normal Neurological exam, MRIs and other testing, Multiple Sclerosis would be highly unlikely.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X