New here. Confused about symptoms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here. Confused about symptoms.

Hello. I am a 25 year old mom of two experiencing a myriad of strange symptoms for the past few years. I have not been to a neurologist yet, though I have an appointment for the 31st of this month.

I have put it off for a long time because when I first presented my symptoms to my GP, I was told that it was all in my head. That I was "too young" to have all these symptoms; and if anything, it was likely anxiety. I am afraid to go to a neurologist just to find out that I do not in fact have MS or any other disorder and that it is indeed "all in my head."

My symptoms include near daily headaches, migraines with aura, dizziness, clumsiness, brain fog, a strange pressure like feeling in my head that accompanies the brain fog, slight blurriness and dimness in my left eye/also has trouble focusing, constant eye floaters in both eyes(an excessive amount), constipation that swings to urgency and diarrhea every few days, constant fatigue, constant body aches/ especially back and neck, occasional tingling on right side of face and right hand/arm, severe weakness in arms and legs at times (feels like my legs cannot hold me up), severe dizziness/lightheadedness upon bending over, buzzing sensations throughout body, sharp knife like pains throughout body only last a few seconds,random persistent itching, and an intense muscle spasm in my back under my shoulder blade if I reach the wrong way(starts out small and then spreads and gets more intense until it is so painful that I cannot move and have to breathe very shallowly until it passes, which is usually a minute or two)

There may be more that I have forgotten but this is already an extensive list. I feel that my symptoms relate to MS more than any other condition I've learned about though I do not have constant symptoms and I've read that if it doesn't last for 24-48 hours then a neurologist will tell you it's not MS.

Almost all my symptoms come and go, the longest only lasting hours at most and not days. The only symptom that seems permanent is the vision problem in my left eye. Is it normal for other symptoms to only last seconds to hours or does this make a diagnosis of Ms unlikely?

Also, I have noticed that I frequently choke on drinks I am drinking and sometimes even my own saliva. I am also constantly running into things and dropping things.

Just to clarify, I do NOT want MS. I simply want an answer and a name to call all of these symptoms so that people will finally understand that I am not being lazy or making this up. It's a horrible feeling to have all these things going on and trying so hard to hide the symptoms so that others won't notice. Thank you for reading. Any insight is appreciated and would love to hear from others with similar symptoms.

Hello Annmor1867 and welcome to MSWorld.

Best wishes on your upcoming Neurology appointment.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Dear Annmor. I know you are scared and I am sorry a doctor was so rude to you. Never helpful when a doctor just blows you off. I'm glad you have an appointment soon with a Neurologist. I hope your appointment answers your questions.

Lynn

Comment

Hi and welcome to the MS message board. I'm glad that you have an appointment to see a neurologist. I hope that you don't get a diagnosis of MS and the doctor finds something that can be treated and cured . Good luck

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD ANNMOR1867!!! the symptoms you describe may or may not be MS, there are many diseases that share these symptoms. A neurologist is the best doctor to sort them all out. You will be in good hands.
          One thing that is certain is that it is not "all in your head", I am sorry you have been treated so rudely. Shame on those doctors not to take any patient seriously.
          Feel free to look around and familiarize yourself with our site. And if you so desire, we have a chat room that is open 24/7, with a scheduled chat every night at 8 PM EST.
          good luck
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

"It's all in your head"

Since MS is a disease of the central nervous system, should your symptoms turn out to be related to MS, then the disease is, in a very real sense, "in your head", but not in the way your doctor intended when he/she said that to you.

My primary care physician took that same attitude when I started having multiple symptoms. Had she not dismissed me as a hypochondriac, my MS might have been discovered years earlier than it was - and treatment could have begun sooner. I have a different primary care doctor now.

Best of luck to you with the neurologist. We can all pray the cause of your symptoms turns out to be something simple and easy to treat so you never have a reason to think about MS again, but if it is MS, the disease is treatable and this is a supportive community with a lot of experience and practical answers.

Comment

Working...
            X