Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible limbo land, or am I just paranoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible limbo land, or am I just paranoid?

Beginning in Feb 2018:

Electrical “nerve feeling” at a level or two in my mid-thoracic spine. Coupled with quickened heart rate and dizziness. Head to the ER a couple of times thinking I’m having a heart attack, only to find out my heart is fine.

March 15, 2018: See a “different” chiro than my normal. Two days later, I begin to get paresthesias (like a brief “wet” feeling, like when it first starts to rain) on my left side. Chest, sternum, arm, back, and leg. Often coupled with the fast heart rate/back throbbing thing.
    The paresthesias begin to occasionally go to my right side too. My doctor orders a battery of bloodwork for blood sugar, possible cancer, and HIV, Syphilis, and Hep. All blood work is normal.
    In April I begin Physical Therapy for back pain on my GP’s recommendation. I have another ER trip on the 16th, where head down CT scans show nothing major going on besides neck degeneration and two bulging discs in my low back, but nothing exciting going on.

In late April my Physical
    Therapist suspends physical therapy, I think both because she didn’t know if it was helping and she was worried about my heart rate.

After that, the paresthesias spread all over. They don’t last for more than about half a second, but I start noticing them almost everywhere on my body.

A cardiologist says I have supraventricular tachycardia. OI wear a holter monitor for a week and they notice several episodes of sinus tach, and one of SVT. I see him again June 1.
    On April 25, I see a neurologist who tests my left side/limbs. I have a normal EMG.

My back pain and neck and head pain get worse. I have a back of head headache on my left side for two weeks. I’ve never experienced that before. My left lat spasms for about five days.

On May 15, I finally get head-down MRIs. I have multi-level disc degeneration in my neck, and a 2.7 cm X 3.7 cm arachnoid cyst in the left posterior fossa of my brain. Nothing else major is found. No lesions or tumors or anything.
    I have basically stopped all my usual physical activity. Normally I lift 3X a week and play basketball twice a week. I tried lifting very light this past Thursday and was in bad shape half the weekend.

Doctors insist the arachnoid cyst shouldn’t be causing problems. This past Friday my entire back clenched up on the left side, and I was in bed all day Saturday in terrible pain.
    On the MS front, the spreading paresthesias have me worried. I still occasionally get them, even behind the eyes, but not as bad as they once were. I haven’t noticed too much in the way of vision being disturbed, but scheduled an eye exam next week. I have also been EXTREMELY tired over the course of this and struggle to get out of bed for work. Now and then my spine feels like it’s “buzzing,” (happened last night) and makes it difficult to sleep. Where the cyst is there is a slight “wet feeling” all day.

I got an online doc to humor me and give me a short course of doxycycline in the event of Lyme disease. She may order those tests this week. My GP referred me for another neuro, but she isn’t available until August. I asked, and my GP says she doesn’t think I have a neurological condition. She has referred me to sports medicine.

I’m still afraid it might be neurological.

Hi jab1023.

I have multi-level disc degeneration in my neck
    CT scans show nothing major going on besides neck degeneration
    Degenerative Disc Disease(DDD) is due to normal wear and tear. However, DDD can have symptoms.
    https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-...c-disease.html

and two bulging discs in my low back
    Bulging discs can cause Neurological symptoms. Your bulging discs should be evaluated by an Orthopedist/Neurosurgeon.

My back pain and neck and head pain get worse
    This is another reason a Neurosurgeon should evaluate.

A cardiologist says I have supraventricular tachycardia
    https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses...ar-tachycardia

There is no symptom that is exclusive to MS, even paresthesias. Many conditions, some medications, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, and mental health disorders can cause symptoms that mimic MS. Your MRIs do not show any lesions and it appears your Neurological exam was normal.

Multiple Sclerosis literally means ---- Many scars (lesions)
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      Hi jab1023.

Degenerative Disc Disease(DDD) is due to normal wear and tear. However, DDD can have symptoms.
      https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-...c-disease.html

Bulging discs can cause Neurological symptoms. Your bulging discs should be evaluated by an Orthopedist/Neurosurgeon.

This is another reason a Neurosurgeon should evaluate.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses...ar-tachycardia

There is no symptom that is exclusive to MS, even paresthesias. Many conditions, some medications, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, and mental health disorders can cause symptoms that mimic MS. Your MRIs do not show any lesions and it appears your Neurological exam was normal.

Multiple Sclerosis literally means ---- Many scars (lesions)
      Thanks so much for the thoughtful response. My anxiety has been through the roof with all these random symptoms. I am very afraid of either cancer or something neurological. I start sports med tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X