Just need to vent again .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need to vent again .....

My journey started in 2009 when I was losing my balance and walking into walls and had a few falls.
    I was diagnosed with Menieres Disease. However, dr. ordered a brain MRI to rule out a tumor,
    no tumor but lesions found. Sent to a neurologist who looked at Mri and said it looked like MS due
    to location of lesions near ventricles.

Sent to a MS dr. who said I didn't have enough to meet the criteria but wanted to watch me closely and repeat 6 month MRIs. I also had a spinal tap early on which was negative. After 6 MRIs of brain & spine, I was done. (some of the mris mention demyelination disease, MS plagues, consider MS) I said I had enough no more Dr.s
    no more tests, if more symptoms develop, I will follow up.

Here we are in 2015, I am having significant memory issues, I go to a new neurologist because I moved to Florida. She looks at MRI and immediately says it looks like MS, and insisted I should have another spinal tap, MRI again etc....
    On 3 occasions, I have had left eye pain with movement. The first time, I had to wait three weeks before I could get into to see the ophthalmologist, my eye no longer had pain. I did have narrow angle glaucoma and had an iridotomy to both eyes.

Yesterday, I started with terrible ache of my left eye again and pain with movement again. I went to my Primary Physician and he called an opthomologist and said I need to be seen immediately due to my narrow angle glaucoma history. I went today and had so many tests and everything looks normal and no explanation for eye pain .

My pain is very real
    and cant understand why things look okay. I was there for two hours. After today's visit, I don't want to go for the scheduled MRI or the spinal tap. I am frustrated and have no patience left.

Disgusted !!! Diagnosis me or tell me I am fine but please get me off limbo land.
    jskmssss

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
Working...
X