Diffuse scattered tiny areas of hyperintensities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diffuse scattered tiny areas of hyperintensities

Had an MRI brain with contrast yesterday which showed diffuse scattered tiny areas of hyperintensities; non-specific, could be related to migraine or secondary to other benign process. Cannot exclude demyelinating process. Recommend f/u MRI in 6 months.

Talked with my PCP who ordered exams and her impression was that radiologist was leaning more towards migraine or other process, not MS but that I should follow up with recommended neuro appt.

Asked her if migraines would/could cause daily symptoms of numbness and tingling and now new muscle pain. She reluctantly agreed that it could, but wasn't likely.

I know there are many things that hyperintensities could be, but can't think of any right now. I was convinced that even though I have lots of numbness and tingling, pain and weakness that my MRI would be negative as many other tests have been.

Also, had MRI in April that was completely clean. Concerned that this one with contrast now shows the hyperintensities. The other was without contrast but previous doc said that lesions and such could be seen without contrast.

Advise?
Working...
X