No announcement yet.

Newbies Lounge Check-in, Dec 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool-Man-Dav..... we gonna have to take your TOYS away from you! Did you say you were related to Tim Taylor??

Drills are for drilling HOLES not bashing knuckles. Next time use a SHARP drill bit suited for the job.... one second thought we better take yur TOYS away, till another day. (maybe)..

Heck I even used a CHAIN SAW as a balance aid (did NOT fall either) with it as I cut some bushes, and no I did NOT try to sever a limb not plant origin.

Now that we have taken Tool-man Daves TOYS away, here are couple tips for everyone else.

When using a hot glue gun, pull gently on the trigger and it goo oozes out the end, its HOT.

When using a drill, use a sharp bit suitable for the job at hand and Do NOT FORCE the bit into the material as if you were pushing a nail into a tire or other not so hard material.

Question for everyone except Tool-less-man Dave, Should we start a fund raiser to get Dave a bubble?

Dave you should write a book on how to injure one's self, you are an EXPERT at it. (Or on how NOT to use TOOLS)

Anywho, I hope all your self-inflicted wounds heel well.

Gomer *** Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Chainsaws !

I think I told you that the nose you see on my face is made up from the cartilege of my ear and the skin from my arm.

Living in Vermont "pretending" to not be a "flat-lander" bought the longest blade on a chainsaw that I could buy. Cutting down a tree that used to be used as a fence post about a hundred years ago. The fence rusted away and part of it was protected when the tree grew around it. I happened to hit that piece.

Sustained a "kick-back." Rt. side of nose GONE. Septum severed and I'll spare you the rest of the gore but needed a new nose. They couldn't repair it for a year as it had to heal.

I gained a new real respect for those who have scars and bodily damage. Was a tough life for two years. But now I have a really cool scar. Makes me look tougher and more masculine than I am.

I gave my chainsaw to my brother who is good with tools. I did not get that tool-gene from my construction/mechanic dad.

So you don't have to worry about taking away that toy. For a time I looked like a real Vermonter. Several years later my Vermonter guy friends showed my their legs and chests. Man - Chainsaw hack marks every where. I am now a real Vermonter but Tim the tool man at heart.
      Dave/Jman

Comment

thanks

Gomer & J-man:
        you two are a hoot. J-man, I must agree with Gomer: leave the power tools to others. G-glad you are still on here, hoping your doing better.
        I am starting on Lyrica for muscle pains. I've been off my legs for 2 days and being in Winter Haven you know that rots. I love my bike, but was afraid to be : Road Rash Queen. LOL
        Take care and have a Merry Christmas to all

Comment

ZEAK

I keep telling Gomer that only with his spark in here can we two build the humor.

When I was in the USAF ER I treated a lot of rashes like that. I had one guy come in who was wearing only very short cut-offs. Even bare footed. He rolled his motorcycle at an intersection where gravel had collected on top of asphalt. We had to give him anesthesia to get all the pebbles out and clean him up. I shiver every time I think of him. Poor guy but dumb.

Maybe it's because a friend took me home from school on his motorcycle. His dad had told him not to "tow" anyone on it. We had to pass his house to get to mine. As we turned the corner we saw his dad's car in the driveway. My friend turned and told me he was going to turn the engine off and coast by his house quietly. ----I thought he said to "Get off." So I did at thirty mph. I was digging little stones out of my scalp for a year thereafter.

I have always been accident prone. I was even banned from the shops in High School because my "honor" had proceeded me. They did trust me with soft pastel chalks in art class though. Maybe that's why I am an Artist today.

OK. I did my part - now we will just wait for Gomer to attack. I have given him enough bait to get him in here.
          Dave/Jman Tampa FL - Yeah first day of winter. Broke a record 85 degrees. Flip flops and shorts. Went for a long walk with my Beagle with no shirt.

Comment

Zeak.... it takes a busted nose to know a busted nose!

Only thing is, I had no idea Jman's nose was a fake prosthetic device. Mine has been busted since I was a kid and never fixed, mine is still REAL even if not normal. I guess I do not share Dav's vanity!

My first Bridgestone (motorcycle) was dumped only once. A fellow swabbie wanted to try it and got thrown off ASAP! When I got my bigger better bike, NOBODY was allowed to get on, except as a back passenger with ME at the controls.

Chain Saws and motorcycles have a couple things in common,

-1- A CHAIN, keep yer body parts outa da WAY!

-2- Gas motor, my Bridgestones were both 2 cyc, so are most chain saws.

-3- Chain saws and cycles have hand throttles

-4- Both are BANNED from use by Jman or by anyone, anywhere Jman is within 500FT!.

[quote] "I was digging little stones out of my scalp for a year thereafter?"

A Ha! the real truth come out, (at long last) Now we KNOW why Jman's brain MRIs are a mess and the docs can't decide it he has rocks in his head or MS lesions?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

YEAH!

AND VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO.
              Dave / JMan 75 degrees and sunny outside. Tampa, FL

Comment

Hi all and happy new year! I guess it's official now. I'm diagnosed with clinically definite ms. I'm happy to be starting treatment soon. Copaxone is the first attempt at getting things under control. The double vision returned with a vengeance after Christmas so I'm getting my first course of ivsm with an oral taper at the moment

Dave, I hope you'll except my apology for not responding to your last post in the limbo forum. My computer crashed and I lost all of my passwords so finally got around to creating a new account. Between this flareup, the computer issues and the holiday schedule, you know the rest. Tis the season and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee.

Comment

Working...
                X