Pins and needles only?? Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pins and needles only?? Help!!

Aloha, 37 yo female. Prior medical hx includes hyperthyroid and full thyroidectomy. Have had pins and needles in my feet up to my knees and some light in face and hands. No other symptoms. I'm a mom so I'm always tired. New to my MD so they only ordered labs... No MRI. Could this be MS?? Should it have other symptoms?? I'm terrified. Thanks for reply!

Gibby: Hi and welcome to MS World. Since you had a total thyroidectomy, it is common to check your thyroid levels first as hypothyroidism (what happens when your thyroid levels get low) and yours will be if your supplementation is not adequate. It causes numbness and tingling in different areas of the body. I have both MS and hypothyroidism. Sometimes its hard to tell which is causing what for me.

If your lab work all comes back normal, then they may do further evaluation. Tingling in and of itself does not warrant an MRI. Especially with your history. You look for horses not zebras.

Try not to worry until you need to.

Best wishes
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thank you Lisa.... Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. I too am in the medical field so I appreciate where you are coming from. The info on MS online and in text can be very vague. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X