Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS, abdominal hysterectomy, and vaginal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS, abdominal hysterectomy, and vaginal???

I had an abdominal hysterectomy that has a complication that is not getting resolved. I want to know if anyone else with MS is going through this torture? The doctor performed something vaginally that not only caused swelling but I have discovered an adhesion connecting parts that should not be. My gynecologists prescribed vesic.. My bladder stopped working and it was discovered that my problem is not MS related but I am receiving no answers of what it is. Has anyone had additional procedures " down there" with their abdominal hysterectomy? This is agonizing. After 4 years of bladder meds I am being told "My MS caused me to have an upward traveling external adhesion". This is physically impossible. Has any on Earth had to deal with this external vaginal adhesion POST ABDOMINAL hysterectomy? I am frustrated, in agony, and unable to sleep at night because of it.

Sorry no one has responded to your post. I'm bumping this up in case anyone else has experienced a post abdominal hysterectomy.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hikick1,
      I can't offer any insight in this area but you may try a message board called HysterSister. My guess there are others on there that also have MS. Best wishes in finding answers and a solution! Hang in there!

Comment

i had a abdominal hysterectomy

Then within a year had problems with my bladder . I tried several bladder meds , none helped. Finally the MD did testing and I had a weak area, & my bladder was no longer in the correct position. ( basically no uterus to hold it in place) .
        So I did have surgery to repair everything , it had nothing to do with MS.

My only symptoms now are MS related.
        Tl-Tr3
        DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

Working...
        X