Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bladder cystitis

Hi
    New here..but has visited before ...in limbo.
    I just had a bladder biopsy done this week to diagnosis me with IC.

I see urologist later this month to see what the plan is for further
    treatment options for me.

I eather have a bladder infecion often or i feel like it is one and it
    is no fun to have. I have read on this site some of you have written about this condition but have not seen any posts about you being

diagnosed with IC? Would like to hear your story.

THANK YOU
    Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

ANYONE HAVE IC BLADDER?

Just checking. Maybe this should have been in the bladder question area.

sorry if in wrong place...
    Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

Freq. bladder infections COULD be a symptom of MS and as you post...IC. No one here would know the difference or if you have both, which is very possible.

My concern is, my neighbor that has IC and symptoms of auto-immune disease. They found IC and stopped looking for other disease.

I haven't read your story but, I certainly would ask your M.D. this question. fed

Comment

Hi lavenderwithtea - many years ago I thought I had a reoccurring bladder infection, but all repeated lab work came back negative. I was eventually dx with IC, but went though a horrible ordeal with the pain and the diagnostic process. I ended up in the hospital and I have forgotten so much of what I went though and the treatments that were done. I'm sorry, I just blocked it all out, but I do remember having a hydrodistention (sp?) procedure done and doing a few DMSO treatments.

The urologist told me I'd have it for the rest of my life. After a period of a few months, it went completely away and shortly afterwards I got my MS dx. I often wonder if this was just a really bad flare as it's never returned. I'm not suggesting the same for you however. It is a disorder and many people are dx with it.

Here is some info from the Mayo Clinic about IC:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20022439

Here too is a long thread about a person who had a UTI and IC was brought up in discussion. The search term I used was "cystitis".

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...light=cystitis

You are right - it is no fun!! Hope things turn out OK with you. Keep in touch and let us know how your appt goes- OK?
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

FED & SEASHA.....

THANK TO BOTH FOR YOUR TIME.

I WILL CHAT WITH MY NEURO. WHEN I SEE HIM NEXT MONTH.

GLAD TO HEAR YOURS NEVER CAME BACK SEASHA......MY UNDERSTANDING AFTER THIS PROCEDURE I HAD MONDAY THAT IT COULD GO AWAY. HAD THE HYDRILATION (SP?) TOO BUT THAT IT COULD. COME BACK WHEN EVER IT WANTS. I SEE BLADDER DR. END OF THE MONTH. SO FAR STILL HURT IN THE BLADDER SOME.

THANK AGAIN.......
          Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

Here's a helpful tip about your diet which can help. I tried to follow this when I was having problems -- http://www.ic-diet.com/IC%20Diet%20a...od%20List.html

I also drank lots of aloe vera juice (not the jel). It was really soothing and calmed down the pain. I particularly avoided all spicy foods and citrus fruits!

Let us know how your appt goes and keep well. I feel for you.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for more information . I have been changing diet for a while now. Less spice has been a bummer and miss it more than pop. JUST drinking water....even limiting tea to once a week. No coffee.....but i miss oranges.

I like aloe v. juice idea thanks
              Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

First bladder installation

On Tuesday this past week. Have had very high pain and decided to try this. Not most comfy holding the medication in your bladder. I was told to try holding it for a half hour. I was able to hold it for 26 minutes and then i just had to PEE!
                I was nauseated starting later that night into Thursday ,but finally not today. Still have burning in the bladder. Scheduled for 5 more installations once a week on Mondays. I hope it helps.

Missing eating citrus fruits and teas. This IC diet is not fun. i hope to start adding a food items one at a time to see if any cause pain.

Just thought i would share with you.
                Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

Have you looked at the IC Network forums? You will get a lot more responses there.

I also have IC. Took me 7 years to get a dx but I've been able to get it very manageable in the past few years. I follow the IC diet most of the time, but there is an OTC drug called Prelief that is great if I want to eat the occasional acidic or spicy food.

Comment

Working...
                  X