Again.....really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again.....really?

I have not had a period in 16 months...I thought it was over and done with and I was very happy with that. Just started this morning after all that time. Has anyone else done that? All of my sisters stopped having a period in their early 40's for some reason and I'm now 48. I remember someone telling me once that if it stopped for over a year, it was done.

Originally posted by kryptonite View Post
    I remember someone telling me once that if it stopped for over a year, it was done.
    Sadly, this is not necessarily true. It happens! It's like not having a MS flare for years and then wham! Hot flashes go into this same category as well.... Take care~
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I remember someone telling me once that if it stopped for over a year, it was done.
      That's what even the medical people usually say but it seems like it isn't always true. I'm another woman that it wasn't true for.

My period had stopped for over a year so we all assumed I was in menopause and it was gone for good. But then it started up again and went on for another year. Then it stopped again. It's been more than a year since it stopped and I'm already in my late 50's so this time it might (I hope) be gone for good. I don't miss it.

I never had hot flashes before but they started a couple of months ago. These I don't like so much. It seems like since my periods stopped so long ago that the hot flashes would have shown up sooner. Oh well.

Comment

I was in my early 50's and I had Ablation...No more periods and No Regrets. fed

Comment

I have not had a period in 16 months...I thought it was over and done with and I was very happy with that. Just started this morning after all that time.
          Just wanted to offer my condolences! My experience won't count as I had surgery that got rid of it... but wow, what a major bummer!!!

Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Oh no, kryptonite!

I've been 10 months without a period and counting down the minutes until the 12-month marker. I am sorry to hear from those who resumed after 12 months--sorry for them, and nervous for me.

I am so done with the monthly schedule. I was about to give my giant box of tampons to a younger friend! (Sounds kinda weird, doesn't it? But they're expensive and why throw them away?)

Comment

Working...
            X