Anyone have after effects of sex?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have after effects of sex?!

Ok, a bit personal, but here goes... After sexual activity with my husband, my legs feel noodley or like jello, especially if I've had 'the big O' (or what I like to refer to as 'the blue ribbon'!). This effect lasts for a couple of hours. I've grown accustomed to this over time, however it has become a dangerous issue recently, as the last time this happened, I was walking down 3 steps and my noodley-legs completely gave out from under me, I fell down and landed on my butt and one hand, which caused the fingers on my hand to bend back further than God intended then to go. Thankfully nothing is broken, but now I have a sprained hand that will take about a month to heal, Ugh! I've never had my legs just go limp like that, it took a while for me to be able to stand up on them after the fall. Doc's office said that I should rest until the function of my legs returns, but this isn't always practical, so they suggested my hubby assists my walking or I use a cane until my legs return to normal.

Does this happen to anyone else??
    Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

Yes! That does happen to me, plus I get muscle spasms in my legs after the big O. It still doesn't make me quit trying though. haha

Comment

Yep, but it doesn't stop me either. I just hold on to stuff while I walk.

Comment

Here's a long thread from the Ladies Forum discussing similar problems:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ght=jello+legs

Comment

Yes

Yes, I think it is very common for us women! I wonder if the same thing happens to men?
          RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Yep I get the shaky jelly legs at times. Doesn't last for long though.

Comment

Thought I was the only one! Still worth it IMHO.
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I don't move.. I make him clean me up then its lights out for me. hahaha.
                limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

I agree this is very worth it. I just make sure that I can take a short nap afterwards

Comment

Yes, I do! And then others I hurt like heck! That (and two teenagers in the house) are why I limit sex to bedtime, despite having *urges* at other times.
                    Diagnosis: May, 2008
                    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Yes. I get the urge to smoke a cigarette and watch tv.

Just kidding.

Leg cramps, foot cramps, that sort of thing. All better now. Don't get them anymore.
                      It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

oh yea, that's why it's usually a nap or bedtime. and thank goodness for 1 story house!!!

definitely worth it though!! may be 50, but we're not dead yet!

this sure puts on a different spin on 'safe sex'!
                        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

No noodle legs for me, yet, but after the O, my numbness increases....and extends to my genital area. Feels a bit "buzzy" and then numb. Comes back slowly over an hour or so.

Isn't MS great :-)
                          Melissa Goerke
                          [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Glad to find this thread...

Some times I can barely even hold my legs up at all and just have to lie there like a limp noodle and let him take total control. Unfortunately my body tends to "fizzle out" too quickly often as well .... almost get there then I lose it! *sigh*
                            MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

yup

Originally posted by Mynamegoeshere1 View Post
                              Yes, I think it is very common for us women! I wonder if the same thing happens to men?
                              it does.. (at least to me.. when my wife "gives in" every month or so)

Comment

Working...
                              X