To Pad or Not to pad out bras????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Pad or Not to pad out bras????

It's been a busy day. I am actually tired and ready to go to sleep and it's only 9:24 pm. Another busy day tomorrow. I finally have my 3-D echocardiogram. I have had my heart condition for 20 years. I have never ever had a 3-D echo. My new cardiologist didn't believe the results from a regular echo. I had that about 3 weeks ago. I was told as politically correct as he could. He said I needed a 3-D echo because I am fat!

I don't understand why this is. I am fat don't get me wrong but not around my heart. I was not gifted in the boob department. I buy B cups and sadly I have to wear this padding to fill them out! So my fat isn't around my heart! *A few years ago I went to get a mammogram. I don't enjoy standing in a room with a "not big enough" gown that is open in the front.

The tech that's going to do the test tells me to take one arm out. I do as she says. She then turns and looks at me and says "oh I can get a smaller film"!!! I immediately told her "hey it's the only thing that's small on me"! I was taken aback by her saying that. I laughed about it after just not right then. I mean no matter what size you have they all squish the same way!! In pain!!! Lol

About a year into my marriage my husband told me this story. He told me that the first time he met me he of coarse starred at my chest. I never caught him doing this of coarse. I would have said something to him. He said he thought I had some good sized boobs. Even though he claims it doesn't matter. He proceeds to tell me that he was a little surprised when he realized I didn't.

Then he learned I wore padding. He said he left I was "falsely advertising"! I laughed and told him "that's what you get for staring"! I guess that's the same as a man wearing a sock in his pants. The only difference would be that a man would only do that for himself. Woman on the other hand wear padding because society has us believing that we should! Plus some of us have one that may be smaller then the other on. I call it "a runt boob"! I have one! I had to have a lumpectomy so I have a runt! Lol

Well folks its been a long day and I need to go to bed.*
    I hope you all had a great day! don't forget to laugh!*

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

OMG!! You were previously looking for work that can be done from home... have you ever considered stand up comedy (or sit down comedy due to MS)? This is slightly embarrassing and stalker-like to say but I actually look for your posts because I'm going to LOL at some horribly serious topics that you make funny.

By the way, I'm not 'blessed with breast' either. Tell your hubby that padded bras aren't always false advertising, I wear them so that when I get cold, the whole world can't tell, if you know what I mean!

Good luck with your 3D echo. Let us know how it went.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Catmom,
      I am so glad I can make you laugh. You know I was married before and that husband used to tell me I had no sense of humor! Lol maybe because I was the only ADULT! Lol I have a blog. I post here what I put on my blog. You can get the blog address on my profile. I am glad you like my story. I have to laugh at my struggles. That's how I stay positive. Thank you very much. I am touched!
      Thanks again
      Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
        OMG!! You were previously looking for work that can be done from home... have you ever considered stand up comedy (or sit down comedy due to MS)? This is slightly embarrassing and stalker-like to say but I actually look for your posts because I'm going to LOL at some horribly serious topics that you make funny.

By the way, I'm not 'blessed with breast' either. Tell your hubby that padded bras aren't always false advertising, I wear them so that when I get cold, the whole world can't tell, if you know what I mean!

Good luck with your 3D echo. Let us know how it went.
        Jen
        Ha! I recently started wearing padded bras for the "cold" reason also. I guess when I was younger I thought people wanted to see my nipples. I don't know but all the sudden that has been making me feel self-conscious. Same thing with underpants I never wore them but now...Getting old sure ain't for sissies.

Christine209 I loved this and might have to join Jen in seeking out your entertaining posts. Sheesh, if we didn't laugh we might cry so keep on making us smile girlfriend.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I wear padding because mine look cold all the time. When I was younger, you could even see it through the padding. It generated a lot of stares. lol
          It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

I will definitely read your blog! I can't believe your ex thought you had no sense of humour, you're freakin hilarious girl!
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

CatMom,
              That's why he is my Ex! Ohh plus he slept with my SISTER!!! Lol seriously!

Comment

Padding

I wear padding now so my 'headlights' don't show. About 15 years ago I was in the ER. I was having chest tightness, so of course they had to do and ECG. The ER tech was some one I use to work with on an ambulance crew. He asked me why I had band aids on my breasts. I told him to hide the Headlights. He leaves my area and comes back in with the EKG machine and band aids on his chest. He caused quite a laughing situation in the ER. Then several other nurses both male and female did the same. I went out and bought padded.
                Sandy
                SgrammieD

Comment

Sandy,
                  That's is hilarious!! Thanks for sharing. I love it! Lol

Comment

Thanks for the laugh!! I really needed one today! Best wishes to you on you padded or unpadded journey!

Comment

RE:

Hahaha...this thread is funny. I had a good laugh.

Comment

You solved my problem!!!

Aside from the huge laugh, you fixed my bra problem, I think. Because I'm fat (yeah, I'll say it!) but not blessed with boob either, my "around size" is quite a bit bigger than my cup size which has meant finding well fitting bras impossible. You gave me the answer...

PADDING! Buy to fit the "around size" and fill in the cups!

My brain is so freaking dysfunctional cog-wise I had never even thought of that!

So you made me laugh AND fixed my problem. THANKS!

Shelby

PS I'm one of your post stalkers too!

Comment

For Tuesdayschild

I am so glad I help you! Now I won't be the only one as my husband says..."a false advertiser" ! Lol

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

a false advertiser

This term made me laugh so hard! I guess thinking about I can see dh logic.

Made me think of my "shelf bra". The girls are just falling so I thought a push up bra would be the best for this problem.

No wonder I hate bathing suits...LOL

Comment

Re:

Hello Sandy,
                              I read you complete story, its really interesting, Thanks for sharing your view.

Comment

Working...
                              X