Tysabri and Breast Lump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and Breast Lump

I posted this on general too, but thought maybe more women would be willing to answer in here if I posted in here as well so here goes.....

I have been waiting for my Tysabri to get approved and have been off of a DMD since June 4th. My Tysabri finally got approved, but one problem. I have found a lump in my right breast. I was scheduled for my annual exam on Sept 5 and really wasn't worried about it, but it has grown twice the size in 2 weeks so I went ahead and called my Dr. She scheduled me for a mammogram/ultrasound next week. What happens if it is cancer and how does that effect my use of Tysabri? I really think it is fibroid tumor as my Mom had those at my age, but you can never be sure!
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

i can't answer the question about how having breat cancer would affect your use of Tysabri, i think that is one you really would need to take up with an Oncologist- i think a lot would depend on the treatment that you had for the breast cancer but i think you are getting ahead of yourself at the moment
    Particularly since you say that the lump has doubled in size in 2 weeks, that would tend so suggest more a cyst or even an abscess but really you need to focus on getting that mammogram, ultrasound done asap. Its natural to go through the what ifs as you are doing and i think for those of us with complicated medical histories, it is also natural to think about how one condition can interplay with or affect another- it can be quite a balancing act!

so i know i have not answered your question, but i hope i have been a little helpful. i would push to have the mamogram before september though, particulary since it is increasing in size. I have just had mine done early, i had noticed a lump last year, it was dx as a fribrous cyst but then i had noted that it seemed bigger recently and i was not due for a check for a while yet so i called my gp who brought it forward and added a request for a fine needle aspiration- i have not got the results of that yet but i only had ot done on friday but the radiologist was confident that despite the change in size it was still benign- I will keep fingers crossed for you

Comment

ok

I am ok. I actually had 3 lumps, but they are all ok and none of them cancerous! YAY
      RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Double YAY! Mega YAY!

Comment

Working...
        X