Clothes :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myname - this is hilarious! it made me LOL

I swear I should live in a 3rd world country - better yet one of those African native tribes with a skirt, bangles, earrings and nothing else!

We should also blame society for setting guidelines and fashion statements. I understand, however, that our well-endowed sisters need something for comfort and support.

btw, Mr. Inventor is probably a man.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I wish there was a "Like" button cause I sure do "Like" your post!
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by Mynamegoeshere1 View Post
        Dear Inventor of Bras:

You probably thought we wanted something to hold these bad boys up off of our chests, but as you can see, most of us are perfectly happy letting them hang free.......commando as many would say! Thank you for making our lives miserable everyday trying to mangle our bodies into strange positions, find the correct brand, size, wire/no wire, but especially those of us with issues that prevent us from being able to properly snap them into place thank you. So to you Mr. Bra Inventor, I give you a big
        Love this. Was absolutely appalled when I read an article that they found 500 year old linen bras in I think an Austrian castle - a forerunner to the corset, but resembling modern day bras.
        Diagnosis: May, 2008
        Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Silvert's (http://www.silverts.com/multiple-sclerosis-ms-clothing/) has clothing (a lot of it is for old people), but they advertise for MS patients, including shoes and bras and clothes for the wheelchair bound.
          Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

i had a good laugh too myname! it does conjur up some interesting images!! i can just imagine myself stuck in such a position in a pull on bra, twirling around and around in an electric wheelchair while i try to get help to escape the straitjacket!

I must admit though that since my teens, i have been rather sensitive about going bra less. Firstly, i was a teen in the mid seventies when halter neck tops etc were really fashionable but certainly not as "supportive" as some of the newer fabrics, so going bra less meant restricting myself to slow walk unless i wanted to risk getting slapped in the face by my own "girls" or to just endure the stares of adolescent boys at schools- still for the name of fitting in and being fashionable, i did go bra less, until one day i had a rather unpleasant experience (funny looking back but not funny when i was 14)

i was wearing a halter neck top and i was riding my bike to the mall to meet with friends and there was a rather large hill to go down on the way. Imagine my horror when i was picking up speed and the neck tie came undone!!! Yikes!! now came the split second decision of whether to try to grab everyting and protect my modesty -but it was a pretty steep hill and would risk an unpleasant end! or just keep going so that i could gradually stop and then fix the fashion flop. i chose the latter but just as i was getting the bike undercontrol and was in a position to stop, i heard these cheers and whistles - to my horror i looked around to see some council road workers taking a morning break at the bottom of the hill and they had certainly seen me!!

now the choice was do i stop and fix myself and endure the cheers as they continued to leer OR do i keep ongoing a bit further and then fix myself up-i chsoe the latter, i just kept on pedalling past them, with the whistling and cheering in the background until i was a bit out of view, then i stopped and resecured my boobs

that was the last time i ever wore a halter neck and the last time i went bra less for over 20 yrs. I was so embarressed i could not bring myself to tell my mother or my friends for many years (i was not a very confident teen!)

now i am 50, i am only just at the point where i am reasonably comfortable with the idea of going bra less but even then not in summer with lighter fabric tops- age has done its work and you definately cannot defy gravity so what was at chest height is now more like waist level!

Comment

I got properly fitted at Victoria's Secret and I do like how I look in my new bras. They fit very well. I got them on sale and used a coupon, but they are still worth the price to me.

I don't like wearing a bra - like most every other woman that I know. Some days they annoy me very badly, other days not so much. If I'm home, I just don't wear one unless I have to for company.

I'd like to find something slightly form-fitting, but still stretchy, such as a camisole or sports bra type of item. The difficulty that I have is that I have so much breast pain, trying to take a regular sports bra off will kill me. I sometimes gasp in pain just taking off my regular bra. I am not a big girl - 34C. Even taking off a bathing suit tankini or a sundress hurts.

Comment

My biggest problem is - well, ever since I nursed my children (so 18 years ago), I've looked, um, cold without a bra. So that pretty much dictates that with certain tops, I HAVE to wear a bra.....and hubby insists on it for a lot of things. Then again, most of the time, he's the one that has to get me out of it because of my shoulder pain!

Comment

I'm lucky that I'm not well endowed even tho I'm over weight. Seems like my breasts don't grow, but my tummy does! it's nice that I don't have to wear strapless bras with dresses n stuff.

I never thought about this before, but sometimes when I put my pants on in the morning I fall over. It's quite funny. Once I fell over into the closet and knocked the closet door off the track. My husband had to rescue me! Not sure if it's MS related or I need to relearn how to put pants on properly!

Comment

Originally posted by PeacheyPie View Post
                    I'm lucky that I'm not well endowed even tho I'm over weight. Seems like my breasts don't grow, but my tummy does! it's nice that I don't have to wear strapless bras with dresses n stuff.

I never thought about this before, but sometimes when I put my pants on in the morning I fall over. It's quite funny. Once I fell over into the closet and knocked the closet door off the track. My husband had to rescue me! Not sure if it's MS related or I need to relearn how to put pants on properly!
                    I did that in Target dressing room! What I have to do anymore, just to be sure, is sit while I get them on my legs, and then stand up. Then reverse the process at night. I also have to figure out a way to shave my legs again. I've been propping one leg on the second faucet we have in the bathroom, but it's getting more difficult with the spasticity.

Comment

shaving

Spydre,

For shaving, you can get a chair for the tub and prop your leg on the side of the tub.

On the bright side of this wonderful MS, even before diagnosis, I have always thought falling was hilarious! Even when I fell and got a liz frank fracture in my foot (usually only seen in extreme sport athletes as every bone in your foot breaks) I laughed immediately when I fell. I have had many laughs since then, and look forward to many more!
                      RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

I have to put on socks first. This is not easy as I cannot pick up my feet, but when I have socks on, I can pull on them to pick my feet up into panties and pants. If I didn't have a little toe, pulling these up would be easier because I always get caught on my toes, especially the little one.
                        Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

Ladies...you are too funny!

Thanks for making me laugh today!
                          Echo
                          DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

I needed this thread! Thank you ladies for the laughs!

Comment

too much fun!!!

thanks! i certainly needed the laughs from this thread!!!

i've never been well endowed and it's never bothered me. i was a tomboy and an athlete (preMS) so i didn't have to worry about getting 'slapped in the face'.

now i'm a hussy! i go braless even at church!!
                              and as far as getting cold & it showing, no problem!!!

there ARE benefits to a double mastectomy! no i wouldn't chose to do this without cancer looming. but i'm certainly enjoying the freedom.

i might not even get fake boobies, as those will be even heavier than my own and cost a fortune.
                              it's amazing with all the ruffles, ripples and such clothing how many don't even notice that 'my girls' are gone!

tho for once in my life i'm considering tattoos!!!
                              i don't mind the flat chest, which is definitely incentive to flatten the belly more. but a chest with no nipples does look like an alien!!
                              just imagine not having a belly button!

thanks for the laughs!!
                              it's so good we can see the humor in ourlives!!!

take care & God bless!
                              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Oh man, can I ever relate to the getting stuck 1/2 way into something in the dressing room, getting overheated and start feeling the panic set in! I don't try on clothes at the store anymore. I buy them, try them on at home and return what I don't want. I used to easily spend $100+ on clothes a month before MS, now I hate shopping!

Thanks for the Genie Bra info. I see them at the store and wondered if I'd like it. I'm definitely going to give it a try!
                                "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

Working...
                                X