Migraines what has helped you !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migraines what has helped you !

Have had MS since 1983 and diagnosed in 1986. For the last few years I have been having migraines, now for the last few months I have been having 3 or 4 a week with the day after a total sleep day. I have tried many meds with no help. I have been thinking about trying Botox and I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas or help here!

I have had headaches and migraines all my life. My doctor prescribed Teva-Naratriptan 2.5 mg. This medication works for me and has been a life changer.
    Migraines makes things so much worse. Hope that you find something that will give you some relief.
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Thank you oceanpride will talk to my neuro.

Comment

Any other help out there about Botox

Comment

Or anything else ?

Comment

I'm sorry that no one here has responded with first hand experience using Botox for migraines. The boards have been slow as of late. I found this article from Web MD entitled How Botulinum Toxin Can Help Your MS

Mostly it (and other sites) talks about Botox helping spasticity, but it does state:

These drugs also treat other problems, including a condition in which the neck muscles contract over and over (cervical dystonia), migraine headaches, and blinking you can’t control (blepharospasm).
            https://www.webmd.com/multiple-scler...otulinum-toxin

Another article to read regarding Botox and migraines in general: https://www.webmd.com/migraines-head...otox-migraines

I hope you will talk with your neuro and get their opinion and advice in case you haven't already. And I hope can find a treatment that works well for you!

Take good care

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi, Yes, I have had botox for migraine

I have "enjoyed" migraines for far too long, had many different Rx & OTC meds to combat them. Not whole lot has helped. I have had botox injections. The relief is close to instant and (for me anyway) lasts quite a while.

Pre-covid I was going in about monthly and was close to pain free. (OK - for me - migraines & Trigeminal Neuralgia are my big MS issues, so "pain free" is a dream). I'm thinking it may be time to go back for another.
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
              X