Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking to connect with MS'ers who don't "look" like they have MS....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nabbossa: Thank you so much for your post.

Comment

Denial = Selective Reality

Howdy

Everyone is tossing in there two cents so here is mine. I read every post, including the one that got this jazz started and I gotta tell you guys as someone who has been sick awhile but no so long I have forgotten I remember that time.

There is this saying " Why don't you give me the zip code and state of denial you are living in and I will send you a postcard." lol

That girl has no idea what to do. She is new to the game and looking for players that make her comfortable. We all do it we just don't realize it. Those of us that have been doing this for years we are seasoned. We get it, but we once stood were she stood.

Acceptance on all levels is key. Disability or not. Three woman in an elevator. One has a cane, one in a wheelchair and one walking unaided. One has cancer, one has MS and one has Parkinson's. Which is which?? YOU DONT KNOW. Set the example! Be the advocate not the judge. Because people mess up. They say the wrong things. They aren't perfect but we can be the change we want to see in the world.

Sarah

Comment

I have had MS for 10 years and it has only been in the past year that I went from invisible to visible.

The OP has a very valid request and some have already touched on some of the reasons. How much of a piece of crap do you feel when you fuss about how bad the fatigue was after gardening all day to be answered by a bunch of people who just wish they could go outside to see their garden. You feel like a jerk for whining about your small problems when others deal with so much worse.

In the same vein but the other side of the coin, I remember once a couple years in I was fussing about vertigo during a flare it lasted only about 12 hours and scared me to death only to be answered by a much of people who have vertigo 24/7 telling me to get used to it. How not helpful.

In all honesty I quit coming here for several years because of those kind of responses. Best of luck to the OP I hope you find the support you need.
        Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Turning me off!

As a newbie and we all have our own opinions.....but this thread has turned me off totally and almost scared me. I'm going to keep quiet for a bit. This site has been so resourceful for me but proper ettiquette I thought this was all about.

I am who I am. And I'm proud to be an MSER her trys and trying to figure things out. This thread did NOT help one bit.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS
          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Delete

Please someone help me out to delete my account. I am going to try a new one.

Thanks for all who has been supportive and I have taken everything serious about everything I learned. But I'm done and very upset. Seasha or Mamabug can you direct me because I just cant figure it out. Love to Marco too!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Diamond

I'm so sad and sorry this thread has turned you off to MSWorld. With over 110,000 members world wide, we are a diversified group of people with so many opinions (like 110,000 opinions!). We try to maintain and remind others of showing proper etiquette, support and compassion, but without too much censorship when it is all possible.

As you have read, this thread was a hot spot for many. One of our moderators did post and reminded all to uphold our policy on etiquette.

You have been a bright spot for many on MSWorld and we would hate to lose you. If you want, please email me at Seasha@MSWorld.org and we can talk more
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Because of too much conflict, this thread will now be closed.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X